Robust communications is a vital component of Baird’s commitment to being a great place to work. This individual plays a key, senior role in developing and executing firm and business unit communications strategies and materials. Responsible for planning, managing, writing and editing internal and external communications, presentations, intranet content, newsletters, brochures, correspondence and other projects. Works directly with the Director of Corporate Communications, other members of the Marketing & Communications department and with firm, business unit and department senior managers. Strong writing, organizational and intrapersonal skills required. Must have a passion for communicating, enjoy teamwork and excel at handling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work with Director of Corporate Communications and others on the Communications Team to develop, write and manage comprehensive communications strategies, efforts.
2. Collaborate with senior managers and others to identify the purpose, scope and content of specific communications.
3. Write, edit and execute a broad range of communications including: associate newsletters; quarterly business updates; miscellaneous publications and brochures; senior executive correspondence; , speeches; video scripts; and other communications.
4. Ensure communication style, approach and messages are consistent with Baird’s culture and brand.
5. Work with the Creative Services Team to establish and meet production deadlines.
6. Work with the Compliance Department to ensure communications meet securities industry standards.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or equivalent. Minimum five years of communications planning, writing and execution experience.
2. Outstanding written and verbal communication skills. Financial writing and editing skills strongly preferred. Experience with change and issues management communications is a plus.
3. Experience with intranets and use of social media in a corporate setting is a plus.
4. Strong computer skills with good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
5. Experience in writing and managing complex projects, like annual reports, preferred. People management and team development skills are a plus.
6. Strong time and project management and organizational skills. Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
Connect with us on:
Employee-owned Robert W. Baird & Co. brings midwestern sensibility to the high-flying world of investment banking. The company offers...