Develop and upstream drivers and associated changes to the Linux kernel's ALSA subsystem to support Audience's DSPs and codecs.
Required Skillset and Experience
- Design and test application processor Linux audio device drivers in an Android platform
- Upstream Linux kernel device drivers and changes to ALSA to support Audience chipsets
- Work with customers onsite to integrate, debug and develop Audience device drivers
- Experience writing Linux device drivers for audio codecs.
- Experience using and extending the Advance Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA).
- Audio expertise including audio codecs.
- Experience with Android programming and extending the Android audio framework.
- Proven ability to work with the Linux kernel and Android community.
- Ability to develop in a CI loop environment.
- 10+ years experience in software development.
- 6+ years experience in embedded Linux application processor device driver development.
- Strong C programming skills.
- Familiarity with standard digital audio serial interfaces.
- Proven ability to effectively work with customers on software integration.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to use lab equipment for test and debug of audio systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good team player with strong initiative.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field.
- Exposure to cellular wireless industry.
- Ability to create and review changes for Gerrit and participate in a continuous integration loop
Audience - 12 months ago
Audience is the leader in advanced voice and audio processing for mobile devices. Its family of earSmart™ intelligent voice...