WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION?
The Copywriter’s primary responsibility is to provide full copy support for assigned Group Benefits
marketing/communication projects. The key task will be to write original, persuasive and appropriate copy about The Hartford group benefit offerings to broker, employer and consumer audiences. In addition, a significant portion of work will also be revising and editing existing marketing/communication copy.
- Writes and edits engaging, relevant, original copy as well as edit/revise existing copy
- Participates in strategic, creative brainstorming sessions to produce new positioning concepts and to provide content research
- Performs independent research and works with a variety of internal and external contacts to develop a range of promotional and informational pieces for a variety of audiences
- Becomes familiar with Compliance and Legal guidelines to help expedite review process
- Build and maintain strong and flexible working relationships with Group Marketing, line of business leaders,
and the Distribution and Field Service organizations
- Works as part of broader creative services team to achieve the client's objectives through effective message strategies
- Monitors the progress of assigned projects through each phase of development, i.e., layout, production, media, and research
- Participates in creative services meetings, when appropriate
- Maintains a reasonable library of own reference material relating to assigned clients
- Ensure brand-specific style is consistent throughout jobs
- Enforce consistency with style, tone and focus
- Manages, schedules and directs freelance writers
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
WHY JOIN THE
- Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature, Creative Writing, Journalism or Communication
- Five years of professional writing/journalism experience
- Ability to effectively communicate complex principles and product specifics in a clear, easy-to-understand style
- Ability to quickly research topics including interview subjects, as necessary
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization
With more than 200 years of expertise, The Hartford (NYSE: HIG) is a leader in property and casualty insurance, group benefits and mutual funds. The company offers a full
complement of business insurance coverages, auto and home insurance, employee benefits and a family of mutual funds to help its customers prepare for the unexpected, protect what is most important to them, and prevail in the event the unexpected happens. Headquartered in
, the company has approximately 20,000 employees located throughout the country. The
reported 2012 revenues of $26.4 billion.
Throughout its history, the company has delivered on its promises to agents, brokers and customers, insuring some of the nation’s most historic construction projects, such as the
and the Hoover Dam. The
has also paid claims related to some of
’s largest disasters, including the Great Chicago Fire of 1871, the San Francisco Earthquake of 1906, the September 11 terrorist attacks, and more recently, Hurricane Katrina and Storm Sandy.
More information about the company and its product offerings is available at
. Join us on Facebook at
. Follow us on Twitter at
’s biggest competitive advantage is its employees. We
hire a broad range of talented teammates
from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We look for teammates
who share our vision to be an exceptional company celebrated for financial performance, character, and customer value.
is widely recognized for its service excellence, sustainability practices, and trust and integrity. The company has been recognized by:
as the 14
greenest company in
and No. 1 in the Financials category (2012)
Human Rights Campaign
2013 Best Place
to work for LGBT Equality (2012)
National Underwriter 2012 P&C Producer Survey
as the No. 2 Commercial Carrier (2012)
as a 2013 Top 100 Military Friendly Employer (2012)
Military Times Edge
as a Best for Vets” Employer (2012)
as One of the "World's Most Ethical Companies" (2008-2012)
to learn more about The Hartford’s recognition.
WHAT IS THE COMPENSATION
At The Hartford, our compensation philosophy is simple: we pay competitive base salaries and reward performance. In addition, you will be eligible to participate in our comprehensive benefits program including Medical, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, a 401K Plan, an Employee Stock Purchase Plan and more.
WHAT ELSE CAN YOU TELL ME?
is an Equal Employment
and Affirmative Action Employer.
maintains a drug-free workplace.
Committed to Building Inclusion and Leveraging Diversity
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Nov 15, 2013, 1:59:04 PM
Remote Worker Option
The Hartford - 15 months ago
With more than 200 years of expertise, The Hartford is a leader in property and casualty insurance, group benefits and mutual funds. The...