Neill Corporation in Hammond is seeking a Purchasing Agent. The Neill Family of Businesses is an AVEDA distributor serving a seven-state region in the southeastern United States: Louisiana, Texas, Mississippi, Tennessee, Alabama, Oklahoma and Arkansas; and the country of Mexico; our services also include salon and spa technology, education, retail planning and design.
We believe that business development and personal development are completely interdependent. We are all interdependent, and we are responsible for creating opportunity and inspiring evolution through positive impact.
Are you ready to take this next step with us?
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain key vendor communication and vendor relationships
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working relationships with all support departments
- Review sales reports regularly and provide sales information to the internal team
- Develop daily purchasing reports - service levels, turn rates, orders, order/delivery variance, inbound freight expense, forecast vs. actual variance, inventory balancing, and backorder reports
- Manage the assets and expenditures of the company for inventory control by maintaining the vendor database, order cycles, and inventory controls
- Monitor and maintain stock levels of key vendors
- Manage strategic and key vendor relationships
- Manage purchasing cycle and delivery cycle - sets strategic objectives with each vendor
- Monitor inventory and sell thru based on daily reports
Bachelors Degree in business administration or related field; 3 + years experience
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
Neill Corporation - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard