Behavioral Health Technician (BHT) provides direct patient care under the supervision and guidance of the Clinical Nurse and the Behavioral Health Therapist. The BHT follows the patient treatment plan that is developed by the treatment team. The BHT is an active participant in daily shift rounds and in the treatment plan process. The BHT follows the regulatory guidelines for clinical record management. The BHT also follows the policies/procedures of the organization and BHU to ensure a safe environment for patients and caregivers. BHT provides clerical support when needed. BHT assists in data collection to support quality improvement as directed by the organization/BHU. BHT will conduct activities/special type groups as assigned by the Clinical Nurse/Therapist. Under the supervision of RN the BHT will perform assistance with patients’ activities of daily living. BHT after observed and monitored will assist with vital signs and acu checks.
NOTE: Job description available on request.
- Minimum high school/GED; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1 year equivalent work experience in psychiatric/addictive disease treatment preferred
- CPI within 3 months of hire and maintain current and active status annually
- CPR within 3 months of hire and maintain current and active status
- Completes annual mandatory requirements of organization and BHU
**All required documents must be presented at time of hire.**
EXTERNAL APPLICANT: Employment is contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment drug and alcohol testing.
GRMC is an Equal OpportunityEmployer.
Gila Regional Medical Center is deeply committed to our county-owned not-for-profit mission to provide health care services to the...