This Systems Analyst is a member of the UNIX Development team which is a group within Fiserv’s Card Services Development organization. The UNIX Team is responsible for developing and maintaining various software applications and platforms that provide Financial Institutions with services that support transaction processing through major networks such as Visa and MasterCard, as well as applications that help manage day to day banking operations.
This position is with the UNIX Development team and is primarily responsible for building and supporting the back office applications for Settlement, Reconciliation and Reporting processing. In addition to back office applications, the UNIX team is heavily involved in the development and support of the internal GUIs which set-up clients for receiving reports, ACHs, PDFs, and other data files.
This System Analyst helps design and build/support new/existing back-office and/or GUI applications that support various process improvement initiatives. The person in this position will also interface with the Offshore UNIX Development team, Onshore UNIX, Tandem Open Systems, Internal Systems SMEs, Development, Quality Assurance, Product, Client-Operations, and Product Support teams.
· Design, code, and unit test back-office and/or GUI software
· Document custom code, and QA turnover forms
· Research production issues (i.e. read traces), and provide remediation instructions
· Provide estimates for custom software development efforts
· Collaborate with other C, C++, Perl, and Java Developers
Qualified candidates must have previous programming experience and the ability to understand how applications interface with each other to process online/real-time transactions. Other qualifications include:
· Bachelor of Sciences in Computer Sciences or related field.
· At least 1 years’ experience with software development, preferably with C, C++, Perl, Java.
· Knowledge of batch and Web technology.
· Ability to work independently with supervision, as well as in a team environment.
· Highly motivated, pro-active and self-assured with the ability to take on challenging assignments when necessary.
· Hands-on problem solver.
· Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize assignments; to include known tasks, as well as unplanned issues, and meet deadlines.
· Willingness to learn and grow in a rapidly evolving software development environment which is driven by a swiftly changing Financial Industry.
Fiserv, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Fiserv (NASDAQ: FISV) is a leading global technology provider serving the financial services industry.