The Packaging Designer will be responsible for creating visual communications across various touch points. Work is generally exceptional in nature – this position is focused on layout and translating existing standards and visual toolkits onto packaging, point of sales materials, trade materials, etc. This position will primarily support the bobble brand and will report creatively to the bobble Creative Director on bobble projects.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Based on brand aligned design standards, translates ideas and creative briefs into engaging visual presentation and design solutions.
- Based on brand aligned design standards, create packaging solutions, advertising , sell sheets, brochures, POS materials, and other printed/digital based consumer and trade collateral.
- Ensures creative is in line with overall brand parameters and guidelines.
- Communicates design strategy and rationale to key stakeholders
- Work collaboratively and flexibly with other members of the Creative Team, Marketing, Sales, Research & Development, other departments and external agencies to achieve project goals working within brand, regulatory and legal standard and requirements.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions, research and other activities that support creative concept development in collaboration with others in the Creative and Marketing Services team.
- Collaborate with Packaging Engineer to provide design and production insight into packaging solutions.
- Prepare art files for release to printers, developers or third-party websites.
- Maintain digital assets and distribute to internal resources as necessary.
- Supervise photo shoots (product and lifestyle) as necessary, and product press checks, to ensure that the highest standards are met.
- Produce accurate and high quality work.
- Keep abreast of developments in IT, particularly design programs.
- Minimum of a two-year degree in graphic design or related field, or relevant work experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience with a focus on packaging design and layout.
- Highly efficient, with the ability to prioritize multiple details and tasks and meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
- Experience with Web usability.
- Very flexible and enjoys a variety of work.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite - InDesign, and Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint.
- Basic understanding of CSS, XHTML.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Willingness to travel when required.
- Desire to work in a small, entrepreneurial environment and for a socially responsible business.
Seventh Generation - 19 months ago
Seventh Generation is the nation's leading brand of household and personal care products that help protect human health and the environment....