Children's is currently seeking a Medical Technologist to provide timely and quality clinical information by accurately performing laboratory tests and procedures. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Processes orders and specimens, independently performs testing procedures, and reports test results according to standard operating procedures.
- Correlates results with patient age and/or condition, recognizes deviation from expected results, analyzes and corrects problems using standard operating procedures.
- Operates instruments using established protocols and quality assurance check; performs preventive and corrective maintenance on instruments.
- Performs, records and analyzes QC data; makes judgments concerning the results and takes appropriate action, when necessary, to maintain accuracy and precision.
- Maintains current profession skills and technical competency as defined by Laboratory Competency policy.
- Follows departmental and system policies and procedures.
- Supports and participates in the continuous assessment and improvement of the quality of care and services provided.
Certification as a Medical Technologist (ASCP or equivalent)
To apply online and learn more about Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, please visit us at www.choa.org.
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is a not-for-profit hospital system that specializes in pediatric health care, research, and...