Reports to: ATS Executive Director & Chief Architect
The Senior Technical Specialist within the ATS group provides in-depth WebFOCUS technical support services for Information Builders’ Enterprise Class product and services offering.
- Work closely with enterprise WebFOCUS customers and Cloud service providers at all technical levels.
- Gain expert understanding of customers’ configurations and samples of their applications.
- Perform POC’s with potential Cloud service providers.
- Perform assessments for customers regarding sizing, performance, scalability, and other areas related to WebFOCUS or Enterprise BI implementations in the Cloud or on premise
- Provide specific WebFOCUS administration services for customers running in the Cloud.
- Perform Enterprise Enablement engagements
Qualifications and Skills
- Assess and analyze existing WebFOCUS infrastructures and implication of migration to the Cloud
- Provide deployment guidelines for developing new WebFOCUS infrastructures
- Conduct benchmarks and performance tuning
- Maintain and apply working knowledge of latest WebFOCUS technology
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Drive solutions that can be developed into best practices
- Candidate must have the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment, and possess excellent customer handling skills
- Senior level System Administration experience is a major plus
- Strong technical aptitude
- Strong communications skills
- Resourceful and must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong customer relationship experience
- Must be highly motivated and solid team player
- Must be able to work independently and with others
- Ability to manage and drive issue resolution from start to finish
- Ability to translate and clearly formulate technical issues
- Broad WebFOCUS technical knowledge, covering application, infrastructure and operations architecture
- Knowledge of SQL and a minimum of one RDBMS
- Strong knowledge of a range of Operating Systems, minimally Windows and UNIX or Linux
Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent experience
Information Builders Inc. - 9 months ago
Superior customer service and market-leading innovation are the two fundamental principles that drive Information Builders and its employees...