Overland Surveys, a division of Overland Solutions, is a leading provider of residential and basic commercial inspection surveys to the insurance industry nationwide.
We are currently searching for an independent contractor to perform exterior residential and basic commercial inspections in Sandpoint, ID and the surrounding area. Current estimated volume is 5-10 inspections per month.
You will work from your home or office and travel to insured's locations to conduct surveys, then submit electronic reports to our central office for quality review. Experience conducting residential and commercial inspections extremely desirable.
The following items are required:
- The residential surveys consist of exterior measurements, computerized sketch, notation of construction features, notation of underwriting concerns and digital photos (front, sides, rear, and any additional notable concerns). Appointments are generally not required for residential surveys. The reports are completed at your home or office using the Inspection Station website to upload photos and input data using drop down menus, multiple choice checkboxes and limited narrative. The report is then submitted to the central office for quality review.
- Basic commercial inspections involve inspecting a variety of businesses (restaurants, hotels, retail shops, gyms, etc.). The survey consists of an inspection of the business for hazards, notation of the building's construction class, identification of protection features, photographs of the interior and exterior, and comments on additional concerns or hazards. An interview of the business owner or manager is required to generate a description of the operations. Diagrams may be required depending on the type of survey requested. Appointments are generally required on commercial surveys. The reports are completed at your home or office using the Inspection Station website to upload photos and input data using drop down menus, multiple choice checkboxes and limited narrative. The report is then submitted to the central office for quality review.
Windows compatible computer with high speed internet
4"-6" measuring wheel
Please apply if you meet these qualifications:
- Strong analytical skills and an attention to detail.
- Experience in doing Residential Insurance Inspection
- Ability to manage time and perform responsibilities with little 'face to face' supervision.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and clients.
- Ability to utilize resources available to complete assigned projects successfully.
- Knowledge of computers to document and record inspection findings.
- Familiarity with overall organization operations and importance of inspection functions.
- Measuring experience is required
- Pass background screening
- Ability to travel 45 mile radius from residence