The Communication Manager, as a key member of the Global Internal Communications team, drives the development of communication materials and internal events in support of key Monsanto business priorities and its commitments – including its commitment to global agriculture sustainability and related work through programs and partnerships.
The Communication Manager reports to the Global Internal Communications Lead, and works closely with the internal communications team members as well as other colleagues globally to develop and drive communication vehicles and projects.
As digital lead for Global Internal Communications, the manager serves as the managing editor of Monsanto’s employee intranet portal, and is responsible for developing other key electronic and video communications strategies.
The Communication Manager will drive project and implement tactics to support business priorities and communication vehicles:
Communication Planning and Execution
o Drive specific areas of the Monsanto Internal Communications Strategy
o Determine appropriate content and develop effective messages for internal audiences and various communication vehicles
o Provide proactive internal communication recommendations and guidance
o Align internal digital communications plan with key business priorities
o Manage assigned divisional town halls
o Measure usage/usability of communications tools and refine focus based on research findings
Digital content management
o Serve as editor-in-chief of Connection, manage Monsanto Today and St. Louis Scoop broadcast emails
o Align intranet news coverage with business priorities
o Develop new and refine communications tools to effectively communicate with employees
o Develop content for vehicles, including Connection stories, video scripts, etc.
o Manage communication specialist
· Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or related field required
· 4+ years of experience in communications, journalism, public relations or related field
· Online publishing experience (leading a newsletter, intranet portal, etc.) preferred
· Strong writing, project management, time management and organizational skills
· Demonstrated experience developing presentations to key stakeholders, including the use of associated programs such as PowerPoint
· Self-starter with high energy level, strong drive for continued improvements, and customer orientation
· Ability to meet deadlines and simultaneously manage multiple priorities
· High level of professionalism and ability to work with employees at all levels in the organization
· SharePoint experience preferred
Monsanto - 12 months ago
Monsanto is one of the world’s leading agricultural technology companies. We’re a company committed to innovation, focused on...