This position is primarily responsible for supporting the design, execution and management of Marketing and Communication plans, which support the global business objectives of Cigna Global Health Benefits. This position works in close partnership with Regional Segment Marketing teams across the globe, in addition to North America, and with various specialty Marketing groups within Cigna (e.g., Sales and Client Management, Operations, Brand Management, Public Relations, Events & Sponsorships, etc.), as well as with external partners (e.g., marketing, PR and creative agencies) to ensure timely and flawless delivery of the plan.
The impact of this position is to bring new Marketing/Communication ideas to Cigna Global Health Benefits that will improve our ability to stand out in the marketplace in a manner that is reflective of Cigna’s Fortune 200 status. In addition, this position will help to identify synergistic opportunities across the business to save costs and deliver consistent messaging to all constituents.
The Marketing Consultant role for Cigna Global Health Benefits is an integral part in the strategic thinking, development and execution of the global marketing/communication plan..
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and effective development and execution of Marketing/Communication plan(s) working with Product Development, Sales, specialty and regional Marketing teams and/or with outside Marketing partners
- Develop creative briefs, production schedules/timelines and budget estimates
- Work with copywriters, designers, illustrators and marketing support vendors
- Secure final sign-off from subject-matter experts, project owners and legal team
- Responsible for formulating strategies and tactics that convey the most effective market messaging to target audiences
- Ensures that marketing materials position the company, its products and services for high visibility with prospective and existing clients, customers, brokers, health care professionals and Global Health Benefits employees
- Ensure plan execution is delivered on time and stays within designated budget
- Through collaboration with internal stakeholders, responsible for ongoing project updates to management and internal clients
- Responsible for identifying and assessing critical opportunities to communicate to internal and external business clients and, as needed, writing the communication (e.g., program updates). Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Communication, or equivalent field or work experience (agency experience a plus)
- 3 – 5 years of business-to-business and/or business-to-consumer experience in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- Strong relationship management skills: ability to foster collaboration, value other perspectives and gain support/ buy-in
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Proven business writing skills
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic, deadline driven, matrix-oriented environment
- Experience analyzing customer needs, developing and successfully implementing new business Marketing/Communication programs and strategies that help achieve business objectives
- Organized and skilled in project management; must be able to balance high-priority, long-term projects with short-term, immediate deadlines
- Solid creative-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to generate ideas that effectively leverage limited Marketing funds and to identify synergistic opportunities
- Understanding of basic web design principles
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications, as well as social networking resources.
CIGNA - 19 months ago
With a significant position in the US health insurance market, CIGNA covers some 11.5 million Americans with its various medical plans. The...