Responsible for the marketing and business development efforts within an assigned operational area and works closely with the area leadership team including aviation, maintenance, and clinical to ensure a coordinated and efficient response to service requests.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Demonstrates Air Methods mission, vision and core values.
• Participates as a member of Air Methods’ management team to promote a successful operation
• Reports to and works closely with Regional Business Director, including timely updates regarding business and demographic changes, including competitive market intelligence.
• Daily customer contacts (EMS, Hospital, 911, Fire, Police, etc)
• Coordinate all business segment PR activities to include monthly meetings with the Medical Base Supervisor to coordinate outreach in each market segment.
• Identify and develop new growth opportunities
• Responsible for detailed knowledge of market dynamics , such as, but not limited to; competitor activity, hospital service line changes, opening or closing of hospitals, competitor marketing strategies, billing rates and aircraft type etc.
• Maintain existing customer relationships / partnerships
• Primary contact for customer service recovery
• Monitor daily PTS activity and understand volume trends
• Responsible for ordering and distributing PR items for business segment
• Attend conferences and regulatory meetings
• Local community media contact, in coordination with Corporate Communications
• Local AMC ambassador
• Log activity into EMS Charts for purposes of tracking and trending
• Adhere to AMC KPMI’s (Key Performance Measures Indicators) to assure compliance with corporate business mission
• Communicate closely with all other AMC disciplines, to coordinate daily activities and Outreach Education programs that support the marketing plan in a fiscally responsible manner.
• Creation/update of reports in coordination with base management
• Executes on goals and marketing objectives established for the area and regional marketing plans.
• Assists in the preparation of an annual capital and operational budget for area marketing program.
• Addresses patient billing concerns as appropriate.
• All other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience within medical transportation services
• Experience in medical transportation services preferred
• Minimum three (3) years marketing experience
• Sales experience preferred
Licenses & Certificates:
Reports to: Regional Business Director
• Professional demeanor and excellent interpersonal skills
• Effective oral and written communication skills
• Ability to manage and administer a broad range of tasks
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions
• Ability to prepare written reports and correspondences, and presentations to senior leadership as required
• Proven leadership
• Ability to build and maintain positive relationships internally and externally
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, including hardware and software applications
• Willingness to work evenings and weekends (as necessary)
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to perform procedures and assessments, reach with hands and arms, and speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and smell. The employee is required to maintain adequate physical conditioning to be able to perform job duties. Job duties are often performed at high stress levels requiring employee to function effectively and independently while maintaining good working relationships with co-workers, patients, customers, or other individuals. The employee may be required to be able to lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
It's a bird, it's a plane ... it's an ambulance! With a fleet of more than 400 medically equipped aircraft, mainly helicopters, Air Methods...