The primary responsibility for this position is providing day to day machinery support to an assigned plant area. This position works closely with operations, unit engineers and maintenance crews in the troubleshooting efforts and collaborates on repair criteria. This position provides technical support for maintenance of machinery and acts as the primary contact for operations and maintenance for machinery issues. Responsibilities also include predictive and preventative maintenance, turnaround support and root cause analysis.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Perform verification of notifications against rotating equipment by performing troubleshooting to insure the notification is valid.
- Develop initial scope of repair for rotating equipment and communication with the planner to insure a reliable plan.
- Provide technical support, quality control and auditing for repair of rotating equipment.
- Attend production meetings representing the machinery group.
- Provide technical support for initial start-up of equipment after repairs working with operations.
- Collect and analyze vibration data.
- Monitor health of equipment where the spare is out of service and provide written reports to operations.
- Troubleshooting on rotating equipment in the field.
- Drive scheduling of repairs through ownership of notifications and corresponding follow-up.
- High School Diploma/GED with a minimum of 5 years of combined millwright / maintenance / reliability experience working in the refining, petrochemical or chemical process industries.
- Proficiency in the use, application and, in some cases, the maintenance of vibration data acquisition software and the diagnostic equipment used to track the health of the site's critical rotating machinery. Intermediate understanding of other predictive techniques to include thermography, and lube oil analysis.
- Solid troubleshooting skills and ability to interpret and analyze data.
- Intermediate knowledge of rotating equipment design, operating fundamentals.
- Level 2 vibration analyst or must be obtained within two years of placement.
- Strong customer focus will be a core competency for this position.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
LyondellBasell is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies. The company manufactures products at 58 sites in 18 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels. More information about LyondellBasell can be found at www.lyondellbasell.com . All references to LyondellBasell refer to LyondellBasell and its subsidiaries, including Equistar Chemicals, LP, Lyondell Chemical Company or Houston Refining, LP.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited resumes or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
LyondellBasell North America is the continent's leading producer of polypropylene. It is the American division of global petrochemical...