GENBAND is a global leader of Next Generation Network (NGN) solutions, helping fixed, mobile and cable service providers around the world evolve communications networks through IP innovation. The company offers the industrys most comprehensive, standards-based switching portfolio, with products deployed in over two-thirds of the worlds 100 largest service provider networks. Headquartered in Frisco, Texas, GENBAND operates Centers of Excellence globally and serves customers and partners in more than 80 countries.
The GENBAND GENiUS platform incorporates high-performance, high-density computing hardware and sophisticated Service Availability Forum (SAF) compliant middleware, delivering the highest functionality, availability and robustness in the market. By utilizing open standards-based components in a common platform, GENBAND is simplifying the network for service providers, partners and suppliers, and laying the foundation to deliver future applications.
- Feature development, test and support , with a focus towards Linux kernel and/or system operation.
- Linux O/S distribution software packaging and software package customization.
- Investigation and resolution of open source security vulnerabilities.
- Software debugging, resolution and testing. Integration of feature within the larger system.
- Demonstrates solutions by developing high level design documents, flowcharts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development issues and recommending solutions.
- Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
- Ability and desire to work as part of a fast paced team, with leading edge tools , design environment and industry tech gurus.
C/C++ Programming Experience
Linux Software Development Experience, ideally at the kernel level
Real time performance and optimization exposure is an asset
High reliability systems exposure is an asset
Knowledge of IP networks and routing protocols
Knowledge of datapath/packet processing is an asset
Strong Analytical and debugging skills
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Other languages exposure: Perl, XML , SQL
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Computer/Electrical Engineering
3-4 years experience in a software development team
GENBAND - 2 years ago
GENBAND ensures a smooth migration to next-generation networks. The company provides carrier-class networking gear that some 600 telecommuni...