An IT Support Specialist is responsible for all aspects of Information Technology relating to WRC. Responsibilities would include:
• Provide and track IT infrastructure and desktop support for ~200 users
• Manage and operate all IT resources for WRC television station
• Work with NBCU IT on initiatives, upgrades, and system migrations
• Evaluate policies, procedures, and systems to verify they meet NBCU IT guidelines
• Manage IT change control and outage process for WRC
• Provide emergency on-site IT support 24/7/365
• Participate in Weekly Stations/Core IT Status Meeting. Provide periodic status reports on initiatives.
• Minimum 4 years hands-on experience supporting mid to large-size technology infrastructure, end-users, and troubleshooting/analyzing IP networks
• Advanced knowledge of Windows XP, Windows 7, 2003/2008 Server, MS Office/Exchange
• Minimum 3 years experience in networking with configuration, networking protocols, devices and routing, authentication TCP/IP and DHCP settings
• Demonstrated knowledge of Active Directory architecture, permissions and structure.
• Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience supporting multi-media platforms, Internet/Intranets, Macintosh hardware and OS, PC repair, and Norton Ghost Imaging
• Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience with server/workstation/laptop hardware configuration maintenance and repair (Dell, HP, Apple)
• Must be willing to work in Washington D.C.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be available to work evenings, weekends, holidays
• Demonstrated Strength in Managing Multiple Projects w/ Cross-Functional Teams & Concurrent Deadlines
• Strong Analytical & Problem Solving Skills
• Proven Track Record in Successfully Leading Complex System Implementations
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technology degree and
• Experience providing IT support in a TV broadcast environment, highly desirable.
• Experience racking, cabling servers and switches
• Knowledgeable in File-Server Based workflows, SAN/NAS, Omneon, Rhozet, Dalet Plus, video formats, highly desirable
• A+, CCNA and Microsoft certification a plus
Apply to job
end to friend
Save to cart
NBC Universal - 10 months ago