OpenSky is looking to add a senior Project Manager / Business Analyst to manage our member experience program. This is a critical role in OpenSky's 2013 plan to create a shopping social network, so previous ecommerce, social networking, and mobile experience is preferred.
Here's some of the areas where our Senior Project Manager / BA will contribute to the team; we're looking for someone who has demonstrated experience and interest in all of them:
OpenSky has changed and grown radically over the past 3 years, and our team culture remains ambitious, transparent, and friendly. We believe in doing things right and having fun along the way. We're looking for teammates who are comfortable in a fast-paced results-oriented environment and swing for the fences every day.
- Interact directly with our founders, executive team, and other stakeholders to gather and integrate business requirements for all projects within the user experience program, including web and mobile initiatives.
- Clarify project scopes and priorities, converting them into project descriptions and technical specifications.
- Coordinate with our User Experience lead to facilitate her team's design process and integrate it into ongoing releases.
- Discuss web and mobile technology concepts with engineers and designers on topics ranging from object modeling to database connections and API design, reviewing developers' code on GitHub when it's the fastest way to confirm that things are going in the right direction.
- Define project timelines, monitor team progress, and hold responsible parties accountable for their deliverables from concept through design, development, testing, and launch in an iterative development environment.
- Travel to our Nashville, TN engineering office as needed to launch and manage projects, bridging communications between our NYC leadership and engineering teams and the folks in Tennessee.
- Quantify goals and measure project and site performance on an ongoing basis; deliver recommendations based on these analyses.
- Communicate outcomes to the team and company. At OpenSky this means sending frequent company-wide "Sharing is Caring" emails describing your team's progress. It also means occasional Friday tequila shots to share and celebrate big wins (or Friday ice cream parties to dissect failures, when they occur).
- Make decisions with incomplete information, drive high-risk projects, and set an entrepreneurial, scrappy tone as you manage your team towards ambitious goals.
If you share our passion for innovation and the opportunity to navigate uncharted waters, and wish to have the chance to have an immediate impact working with a highly motivated group of people who love what they do, we want to hear from you: please share 2-3 business-critical projects that you've spec'd and managed in the past, including the initial project goals, your process for implementation, and an evaluation of their success.
"One of Crain's 50 best places to work in NYC "
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
OpenSky - 17 months ago