DIRECTV is seeking a Software Engineer with strong graphic programming fundamentals using OpenGL ES. The candidate should also be have knowledge of working with Linux device drivers in the Linux kernel environment. Responsibilities include the design, development, maintenance, and optimization of the graphics pipeline of an embedded Linux platform. This includes graphic drivers in the Linux kernel space as well as implementations of OpenGL ES, TrueType Font Engines, and other graphic systems.
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience developing software applications with C/C++
- Strong understanding of the following fields:
- OpenGL ES and EGL
- Linux Kernel and Device Drivers Development
- Graphics Image Processing (Scaling, Filtering, Blending, etc.)
- MPEG, I-Frames, YCbCr color space
- Knowledge of the following areas is a plus:
- Server/Client Remote UI Rendering
- JAVA & JNI
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills required.
- Ability to work in groups and as well independently with minimal supervision.
- Proactively solve problems and collaborate with different groups that are local or remote.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Strong desire to use the best software development practices, including bug tracking, documentation, and issue management.
- Able to add new features to a mature codebase.
- Able to investigate problem reports to identify root causes and propose and implement solutions.
Job Software Engineering
DIRECTV - 13 months ago
DIRECTV takes television straight to the masses. The company operates the largest direct-to-home (DTH) digital TV service in the US, ahead...