Safeway.com and Vons.com are leaders in the home shopping experience and we are currently seeking highly motivated individuals to work as Delivery Drivers from our retail stores. Our Drivers serve as a point-of-contact between the company and our customers and are responsible for providing excellent customer service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operates delivery truck in accordance with company safety policies & procedures
- Delivery of customers’ orders to homes and/or places of business within established time frames
- Establish and maintain excellent customer service relationships, interact with customers and vendors in a friendly and timely manner
- Ensures that all customer questions regarding delivery are accurately answered
- Assists in the loading and unloading of delivery trucks
- Maintains accurate transportation logs on a daily basis
• Excellent customer service skills
• One year of driver experience preferred but not mandatory
• Excellent driving and route mapping skills
• Ability to lift from ground level to overhead, carry and maneuver items weighing up to 50 lbs.
• Valid Class C driver’s license with a history of no more than one moving violation, no suspensions or at fault no no or at fault accidents within the last three years, and no DUI/DWI within the past seven years
• Neat and professional appearance required. No visible tattoos of an offensive nature, no ional unconventional piercing(s)
• Well trimmed facial hair on male Drivers is acceptable, including full and partial beards.
• Eighteen years of age or older (19 for Arizona, 21 for Virginia , Washington and Oregon)
• Frequent maneuvering in and out of delivery truck
• Walking and climbing steps and stairs on a frequent basis
• Two handed lifting, handling, carrying totes from floor to 89” on a frequent basis
• Pushing and pulling totes on level surfaces and up and/or down stairs on a frequent basis
• Sustained squatting, kneeling, stooping and bending while moving totes
• Two handed pushing, pulling and lifting of loaded and unloaded totes in and out of truck cargo area
Perspective candidates will go thorough a pre-employment interview. Job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal & sex offender background check and pre-employment drug test.
All applicants will need to submit a current resume and MVR report to be considered for this position.
Safeway.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Safeway Corp. - 22 months ago