A Deli Clerk's first responsibility is to prepare product, maintain display cases ensure all customer requirements are met and build customer loyalty by providing unparalleled customer service.
- Actively support a culture of safety which includes, but is not limited to, food safety, Team Member safety and customer safety.
- Display a commitment to learn about food and share food knowledge with fellow team members and customers.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn, understand, and communicate the Market District Passion for Food philosophy, which includes the willingness to taste and experience new product offerings.
- Actively demonstrate appropriate suggestive selling techniques.
- Provide active sampling opportunities, when appropriate.
- Conduct business, at all times, with a clear understanding that customer service is a significant point of difference for the Market District banner. Every interaction, whether with an internal or external customer, is to be conducted with the highest degree of integrity and with an understanding that the end result is to deliver service in an unparalleled manner.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment which embraces diversity, inclusion, and respect for Team Members, Customers, Vendors, and the Community.
- Maintain cleanliness of equipment, tables, utensils, floor (to ensure safety), and sanitation regulations are met.
- Include regular monitor of temperatures in cases.
- Provide customer service by greeting customers, filling their order, doing suggestive selling, and thanking the customer.
- Knowledge of code dating.
- Setting up deli case by preparing case according to Company standards and procedures.
- Maintain product level in sales cases by identifying low product and filling where necessary.
- Servicing customers by answering customer's questions.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock percentage goals.
Checking in of deliveries by comparing invoice to merchandise.
- Responsible for controlling some expense within a department.
Education and Training Required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience working in Deli or related industry .
- Customer Focused
- Gets Things Done
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving
- Respect for Self and Others
- Cold Prep Rooms
- Carrying Up to 100 pounds
- Hearing (auditory)
- Lifting Up to 100 pounds
- Operating Equipment
- Repetitive Motion
- Sight or Peripheral Vision
- Telephone Usage
- Communication (verbal)
- Adding Machine
- Motorola Hand Held Gun (Receiving)
- Power Washer
- Texlon Ordering Machine
- Fax Machine
- Cardboard Baler
- Crisping Sink
- Heat Seal Gun
- Label Gun
- Manual Wrapper
- Ordering Machine
- Plastic Baler
- Power jacks
- Pressure Hose
- Pressure Washer
- Price Gun
- Receiving Gun
- Safety Cutter
- Scale Labeler
- Shrink Wrapper
- Stanley Doors
- Steam Machine
- Trash compactor