Via Christi Health's rich history of serving the people of Kansas and the surrounding region dates back more than 100 years to the healing ministries of our founding congregations. Today, Via Christi Health is the largest provider of health care services in Kansas. We serve Kansas and northeast Oklahoma through our doctors, hospitals, senior villages and health services.
The position will provide customer service and transportation support within the Via Christi hospitals. Displays excellent customer service behavior to patients, visitors, physicians, and coworkers; shows courtesy, personalized attention, compassion and timely responsiveness to all concerns.
Key Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Transports all types of patients from time of admission through dismissal via wheelchair, hospital bed, gurney, or other specialized bed or mode of transport,using safe and proper procedures and addressing any special needs the patient may require.
- When patients are transferred or dismissed, conducts a thorough check of the room to ensure that patient belongings go with the patient Knows proper procedure for lost patient belongings.
- Organizes, tidies and picks up clutter in the patient room and other areas as assigned.
- Works as an integral part of the team and will be expected to perform cross-departmental tasks as appropriate and assigned.
- May perform other duties as requested or assigned.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with 3-6 months related experience and/or training preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A personal presence which is characterized by a sense of honesty, integrity and caring with the ability to inspire and motivate others to promote the philosophy, mission, vision, goals and values of Via Christi Health.
- For direct patient care positions: Compassion for patients, family members, and others; along with a nurturing spirit to provide care during emotionally stressful situations.
- Must display good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to professionally receive and follow oral instructions.
- Must be able to speak and converse fluently in English.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Windows environment.
- Basic computer skills in e-mail communications.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to push and pull items, such as patient beds, requiring a force of up to 70 pounds.
- Frequently required to carry or lift items weighing up to 50 pounds at waist height for distances up to 100 feet.
- Frequently required to assist in maneuvering patients weighting 100-400 pounds and occasionally required to assist in maneuvering patients weighing over 400 pounds.
- Tolerate standing and walking for up to 8 hours at a time on hard and soft surfaces.
- Frequently perform activities that require stooping, bending and reaching, squatting, balancing, and trunk twisting throughout the day.
- Frequently performs activities that require stooping, bending and reaching, squatting, balancing, and trunk twisting throughout the day.
- Constantly able to communicate verbally and in written form.
- Frequently be able to detect and discern both loud and soft sounds such as phone calls and customer questions.
- Constantly able to use hands and fingers to type, write, and file.
- Frequently able to use near vision for viewing computer monitor and written materials.
- Occasionally required to detect unusual odors that could indicate environmental issues.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to blood, body fluids, fumes, or airborne particles, and sharp objects potentially contaminated with blood born pathogen or other infections agents.
- The noise level in the work environmental is usually moderate.
Position Scope/Patient Population:
- This position has direct patient contact that provides care to (neonate, newborn, children, adolescent, adult, and geriatric) or use statement below
- Specific scope of care and patient population are identified in the Unit Specific Structure Standards.
Via Christi Health is an Equal Opportunity (EOE) and Affirmative Action Employer. We support diversity in the workplace.
Via Christi Health System - 20 months ago