Banquet Manager is responsible for: hiring, training and directing the banquet staff in servicing all the banquet activities; ensuring a successful function and repeat business. Requirements include: comprehensive knowledge of food and beverage preparations; service standards; guest relations and etiquette; and a minimum of two years of banquet captain or food and beverage supervisory experience.
Interstate is an EEO/AA/M/F/D/V employer.
1. Analyze Banquet Event Orders, communicate effectively with customers, managers and associates to ensure that all room set-ups, equipment, supplies, staffing and menus meet/exceed customer's expectations. (25%)
2. Review all schedules, equipment, supplies and organize and be an active participant in the work flow to ensure a quality event to customers on a daily basis. (25%)
3. Monitor and control Banquet budget (i.e. labor costs, beverage costs, supplies and equipment) and coordinate with event budgets to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while providing quality guest service. (5%)
4. Implement company programs (IHR/Franchisor) and resolve daily, operational problems through consistent monitoring of Banquet operations to ensure compliance with safety and security regulations, LSOPs and SOPs and to ensure an optimal level of service, quality and hospitality. (40%)
5. Supervise Human Resources in the Banquet and Concierge areas to retain and motivate associates; hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles, recommend discipline and termination, as appropriate.
Knowledge and Skills :
Education: One to two years of post high school education.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years in a related position with this company or other organization(s).
Skills and Abilities: Requires advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the catering, food & beverage and hospitality professions. This includes experiential knowledge for management of people, complex problems, efficient sales activities and food & beverage management.
Requires ability to investigate and analyze current activities and/or information involving readily available data and indicating logical conclusions and recommendations.
Ability to make occasional decisions which are generally guided by established policy and procedures.
Good oral and communications skills. Second language preferred.
At the City Center Marriott Hotel on Broadway our employees enjoy working in a fun environment, where they're treated with respect. Taking superior care of our guests just comes naturally. Our staff's main responsibility is creating memorable experiences and going beyond our guests' expectations. What you get are great benefits, pride in working for one of the most internationally recognized brands, and a friendly work atmosphere (we have to hire friendly people, right?).
This beautiful, boutique-style 249-room hotel is in Portland's 'living room', located near Pioneer Square convenient to MAX and TriMet. We are Green Seal Silver Certified. Our customers delight in Marriott quality and service and our staff enjoys Marriott discounts along with the benefits of our management company, Interstate Hotels and Resorts. Additionally our hotel surpasses many others in the perks department including a free employee meal, and TriMet discounts.
Division : F&B - Banquets
Division : Hotel Manager - Trainee
Facility : Marriott Portland City Center, OR
Category : Hospitality
Interstate Hotels & Resorts
- 2 years ago - save job