United States-District of Columbia-Washington
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Position of Public Trust
Number of Openings
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Information Systems Security Specialist to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Washington DC. at USPS HQ.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Postal Programs operating unit supporting the USPS Corporate Information Security Office (CISO) in the security certification & accreditation of Postal Service information resources.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The individual will work with the CISO Program Manager, Security C&A Process or their designee to perform the following:
- Provide Information Technology Security Certification and Accreditation (C&A) guidance.
- Facilitate initial briefings and subsequent meetings of the C&A core team.
- Coordinate the completion of a Business Impact Assessment (BIA) per the guidelines of USPS Handbook AS-805 Information Security for each information resource.
- Work with the Privacy Office on privacy-related requirements.
- Recommend security requirements to executive sponsors and portfolio managers during the BIA process based on generally accepted industry practices, the operating environment [e.g., hosted in the de-militarized zone (DMZ)], and the risks associated with the information resource.
- Provide guidance on how information resources are vulnerable to threats, what controls and countermeasures may be appropriate, and the C&A process.
- Review and evaluate C&A documentation, including the BIA, Risk Assessment, Security Plan, Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) plan and report, and independent reviews of the information resource.
- Prepare the C&A Evaluation Report.
- Escalate security concerns or forward the C&A Evaluation Report and supporting C&A documentation package to the certifier.
- Work with the Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) to complete C&A artifacts and sending the other required artifacts (e.g., Technical Architecture Diagram (TAD) and security specifications for procurements) to the ISSO.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or similar engineering discipline with 5 o rmore years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the roles and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of one or more of the following NIST Special Publications: 800-12, 800-14, 800-18, 800-30, 800-34, 800-37, 800-39, 800-53, 800-53A, 800-61, 800-64, 800-95, 800-100, 800-122
- Knowledge of FIPS Publication 199
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Designation
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
a) National Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Process (NIACAP)
- Direct experience with any of the following Certification and Accreditation (C&A) programs/processes
b) Department of Defense Information Technology Security Certification and Accreditation Process (DITSCAP)
c) Systems Security Certification and Accreditation (C&A) within the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) for Defense-in-Depth
d) Certification and Accreditation Process for Certifiers—Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)
a) Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Knowledge of one or more of the following NIST Special Publications: 800-13, 800-21, 800-25, 800-28, 800-32, 800-40, 800-41, 800-44, 800-45, 800-46, 800-47, 800-48, 800-51, 800-57, 800-60, 800-63, 800-88, 800-92, 800-94, 800-111, 800-114, 800-115, 800-121, and 800-123
- Knowledge of one or more of the following FIPS Publications: 180-3, 186-2, 190, 196, 197, and 198
- One or more of the following credentials:
b) Certified Authorization Professional (CAP)
c) Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP)
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...