The Cafeteria Attendant prepares food using safe food handling techniques. Duties include: stocking food and supplies, operating cash register, and maintaining a clean work area. They are responsible for serving food to customers with excellent customer service.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED : High School Graduate
OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED :
- One year of foodservice or wait staff experience preferred
- Familiar with computers.
- Able to read and write with accuracy using the English language.
- Must be able to follow directions and perform routine duties with a minimum of supervision.
- Must demonstrate an enthusiasm for working with customers and food.
- Must have an aptitude for food safety.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT :
- Time spent sitting: 0%
- Time spent standing or walking: 50-100%
- Time spent standing in one place for a period of time: 25-100%.
- Miles walked: 1-3 miles/day.
- Amounts lifted: 10-30 lb, 25%-50% of the day.
- Weights pushed: 25-50 lb 1-2 times/day.
- Repetitive motion with wrists, arms, hands and extending arms.
Environment is fast paced and high volume during noon time.
- Works in a well lit, ventilated area.
- Must adapt to noise, interruptions and heat.
- May be hot during summer months.