Coordinate initiatives related to revenue management including denial management, late charges, charge capture, and charge master maintenance. This position will primarily support Duke Hospital. A successful applicant must possess the ability to adapt to an evolving environment, possess excellent change management and project management skills and be detail oriented. Prior experience with Duke Medicine entities is a plus.
Work requires a Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration or a related field. CPA is desirable.
- Coordinate charge master activities between unit managers, PRMO, Performance Services, and other areas as needed.
- Coordinate activities between the PRMO and unit managers; identify, analyze, and resolve problems that interfere with the process of accurately registering, charging, billing, and collecting for services provided to Health System patients.
- Coordinate initiatives related to revenue management including, but not limited to, denial management, late charges, charge capture, price reviews, and other revenue cycle activities.
- Assist in the development, implementation, and management of revenue cycle systems and policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Recommend various personnel actions including, but not limited to, hiring, performance appraisal, promotions, transfers and vacation schedules.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein. Minimum Qualifications Education
Work requires a minimum of six years experience in financial management, cost accounting or a field directly related to specialized area of assignment.
Coding and/or patient accounting experience in a hospital or health system environment is preferred.
Duke University and Duke University Health System - 10 months ago