This position requires the skills, knowledge and expertise of an individual formally trained in maintenance and handyman work including plumbing, painting, carpentry and electrical.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Paints interior and exterior buildings.
- Cleans interiors of buildings after move out or in preparation for move in.
- Performs minor plumbing and electrical work.
- Perform courier services daily, picking up and dropping off mail/equipment citywide.
- Inspect buildings, fixtures, machines and other structural units, noting need for repairs.
- Perform minor maintenance such as change filters and light bulbs, clean roof drains, etc.
- Set up for events, move tables and chairs.
- Replace glass, screens, locks and door closures.
- Maintain tool room and supplies.
- Assist the Skilled Trades Worker in any area needed.
- Maintain the grounds, cutting grass, weeding, picking up trash, blowing sidewalks, etc.
- Regularly maintains grounds and building interior and exterior of nine or more facilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to model behavior consistent with the agency mission and philosophy
- Ability to work effectively in a multicultural setting
- Capacity to balance multiple priorities to ensure work is completed in a timely and productive manner.
- Knowledge of and ability to use computer and other technical resources to effectively accomplish work.
- Ability to travel to various locations for meetings and events.
- Must possess the energy and motivation necessary to work under circumstances requiring unique responses to a variety of problem-centered situations, and the resourcefulness to do so independently with minimal supervision.
- Applicants must have at least 5 years experience in property maintenance and repair with at least 1 year of supervisory experience in same;
- Good oral and written communication skills as well as experience using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Skills to perform minor carpentry, plumbing, electrical and appliance repairs, hang/adjust doors, change locks, clean gutters;
- Able to assess maintenance problems, determine scope of work and locate vendors
Must be able to provide evidence of current physical examination, or obtain one within thirty days of employment. TB documented (TB clearance). Must pass a criminal records check. (Fingerprint Clearance). Possess a valid Driver's License, acceptable driving record, and current auto insurance coverage.
Annual Physical examination; Annual tuberculosis Test/ Clearance; Child abuse Index Clearance; completion of Family Services Credential within three (3) years of date of employment; must be able to complete a written exercise before interview.
How to Apply
Please visit Human Resources, Safety & Risk Management webpage at http://www.sfsu.edu/~hrwww/Employment_HRMS/employment/jobs.html and submit an online application and/or resume and cover letter (optional), describing your specific qualifications for each position.
The Human Resources, Safety & Risk Management office is open Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and can be reached at (415) 338-1872 or (415) 338-1873; The office is in-service and closed to the public on Wednesdays.
SF State is an Equal Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act employer and has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity.
Northern California HERC - 3 years ago