Corning is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics, creating and manufacturing keystone components that enable high-technology systems.
Corning’s history is filled with breakthrough technologies that have played an important role in the way the world works. We thrive on solving difficult, commercially relevant problems through an innovative and collaborative research and development process. Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, more than 160 years of materials science and process engineering knowledge, and a distinctive collaborative culture.
Corning's Specialty Materials is a leader in providing high performance materials and process capabilities of strategic necessity for targeted customers and the markets they serve -- semiconductors, lighting products and industrial materials.
Corning is a leading supplier of technologically advanced materials and customer-driven solutions for the ophthalmic industry and selected optics markets. Leveraging our revolutionary invention of glass photochromic eyeglass lens materials in the 1960s, we have expanded our product offering to include one of the world’s most technologically advanced plastic photochromic lenses.
Corning Semiconductor Optics is a leading world-class supplier of optical materials, high performance precision optics, optical-based metrology instruments and technical microlithography solutions for the semiconductor industry. Our core technical expertise lies in fused silica and fluoride crystals, materials and processing, optical-based metrology instrumentation, and high performance optics through Corning Tropel.
To know more about Corning's Specialty Materials Division, please visit us at: http://www.corning.com/products_services/other_products/specialty_materials.aspx
Purpose of Position:
- Defines, develops and manages overall project scope, objectives, timeline, milestones, risk assessments, financial management and projections, communication and change management plans to meet customer needs. Develop policies, prcesses, and expertise to meet business objectives.
- Will have Supply Chain Leadership responsibilitis for the existing Arkieva systems in Gorilla, and any upcoming needs or development.
Job Title: Supply Chain Specialist
- Effectively manages multiple and broad ranges of projects to meet business goals and objectives.
- Develops an overall project plan that includes: scope, objectives, charter, timeline and milestones, risk assessment, financial projections, performance measures, and communication and change management plans.
- Examines project uncertainties that may impact the success of the project, identifying and analyzing the significant risks and recommending proactive work a rounds or mitigation strategies.
- Escalatesdecision and unresolved issues to appropriate parties.
- Communicates project goals, objectives, key status information and overall impact of the project effectively with project team members, customers and key stakeholders.
- Manage and update monthly supply chain cost models
Reference Number: 171805
Hard Skill requirements: (Must)
- Experience with Archieva Suppy Chain systems – developing, impleemtning, trainign and maintaining
- Experience with procurement processes and systems.
- Knowledge of various supply chain areas.
- Experience on project teams.
- Demonstrated analytical abilities.
- Previous project management experience
- Comfortable working with all levels of management both internally and externally, and with different regions and functions.
- Self-starter. Ability to take the initiative to ensure business objectives are met with minimum direction.
- Experience across multiple businesses, division and/or technologies.
- Experience with global manufacturing and business through work or project experience.
- Experience in manufacturing – operations, planning, engineering or procurement
- Certified Green Belt.
- Minimum 5- 10 working experience in Supply Chain industry in related to specialized fields:
- Demand planning
- Supply Planning
- Warehousing management
- Inventory control
- Logistics & trade compliance
Corning - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Corning Incorporated is the world leader in specialty glass and ceramics. Drawing on more than 160 years of materials science and process...