Line of Business: Payment Solutions Group
Job Category: Professionals
1. Bachelor?s degree in Business Management, Marketing, Accounting, Computer
Science, or Telecommunications related studies
2. Two years merchant sales experience
3. Leadership Development Program graduate or equivalent
1. Associate?s degree, or equivalent combination of education and related
2. Three years extensive sales experience with a proven track record as a high
3. Accomplished interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills
4. Excellent time management and organizational skills
5. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications such as Microsoft
6. Self-starter with the ability to work without close supervision
7. Decathlon Sales Training
8. Solid technical comprehension skills
9. Ability to travel extensively, including overnight
1. Focus on new business development by aggressively selling electronic payment
processing solutions to existing commercial clients and prospects.
2. Consult with clients to identify their payment processing needs, and deliver
a comprehensive solution to address those needs.
3. Conduct joint business development calls with the Relationship Manager to
identify sales opportunities, deliver proposals, conduct product demonstrations,
or address service issues.
4. Responsible for the overall revenue growth, profitability, and client
retention of their assigned merchant portfolio.
5. Attends regularly scheduled regional Integrated Relationship Management (IRM)
meetings and other regional sales meetings to help cultivate referrals, provide
sales training, and to present regional reporting on the region?s overall
Merchant Services performance.
6. Cross-sell new or additional payment processing products/ services to
7. Possess the skills to handle merchant processing requests (relationship
development, information gathering, risk assessment, proposal creation, and
closing the sale) up to $10 million in annual credit card sales volume. Possess
a clear understanding of the characteristics of a high quality merchant services
prospect in order to develop, acquire, and service these relationships,
including responsibility for proper documentation, pricing, risk assessment, and
8. Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of all electronic payment
processing products and services by attending all mandatory training.
9. Maintain a high level of awareness and understanding of existing and new
payment processing technologies, as well as industry, Bank, and client changes
10. Coordinate periodic training sessions for the Banking Network including
identifying prospects, product and service offerings, and understanding the
benefits and risks of merchant services.
11. Identify and refer alternative payment processing services to clients, such
as Commercial Card, Purchasing Cards, treasury services, deposit access
products, commercial deposits, small or commercial business lending, insurance
services and investments.
BB&T Human Systems - 2 years ago
BB&T Corporation (BB&T) is a financial holding company. The Company conducts its business operations primarily through its...