Sirius XM Radio is America's satellite radio company. SiriusXM broadcasts more than 135 channels of commercial-free music, premier sports, live news, talk, comedy, entertainment, traffic and weather to 22.9 million subscribers. We are one of the world's largest pure-play audio entertainment companies and we are among the largest subscription media companies in the United States. SiriusXM broadcasts to subscribers everywhere they want to listen on more than 800 devices for cars, boats, the home or office, and through a wide range of mobile devices.
SiriusXM offers an impressive array of content that spans virtually all genres and interests, including Howard Stern , Martha Stewart , Oprah Winfrey , Dr. Laura , Jamie Foxx , Opie & Anthony , Bob Edwards , Chris "Mad Dog" Russo , Jimmy Buffett , Elvis , Eminem , The Grateful Dead , B.B. King , Pearl Jam , Willie Nelson , Frank Sinatra , and Tom Petty . SiriusXM is the leader in sports programming as the Official Satellite Radio Partner of the NFL , Major League Baseball ®, NASCAR ®, NBA , NHL ®, and PGA TOUR ® and offers major college sports.
SiriusXM has arrangements with every major automaker for installation of satellite radio in their vehicles. SiriusXM products are available through shop.siriusxm.com and at retail locations nationwide. SiriusXM programming is also available at siriusxm.com/whatson , and on Apple iPad, iPhone and iPod touch , BlackBerry and Android -powered smartphones using the SiriusXM Internet Radio App.
SiriusXM provides premium real-time video, traffic, weather, data and information services for subscribers in cars, trucks, RVs, boats and aircraft through Sirius Backseat TV ™, Sirius Travel Link , XM NavTraffic ®, Sirius Traffic ™, XM Nav Weather ™, and Sirius Marine ™.
SiriusXM is committed to integrity, excellence, and diversity among its employees .
The Senior Director, IT Service Management will provide strategic leadership and oversight of all IT Service Management disciplines and practices. The Director will lead the operation, monitoring, and improvement of SiriusXM’s service delivery organization. The Director will oversee a 24x7 service desk, define and manage SLAs, and drive improvement in services provided across our internal and external customer groups. The Director will also be responsible for designing and implementing effective monitoring and alerting strategies and will play a leadership role in the implementation of an ITSM toolset.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enable and champion an IT Service-oriented culture, continuously driving improvement
- Responsible for the successful end-to-end implementation of projects
- Lead a 24x7 service-delivery organization, including a 24x7 service desk
- Design and implement an ITSM toolset, associated metrics and reports
- Design and implement effective application monitoring.
- Improve IT Operational effectiveness, enhance service delivery, and constrain cost growth
- This individual will manage a team of employees and contractors.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree preferably in a business discipline, Engineering or Computer Science/ Management Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Requires 15 years experience across information technology disciplines (design, development, quality assurance, operations, reporting, etc), 9 years of experience managing employees, and at least five years of experience in a service-management/customer relationship role.
- Strong knowledge of the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL v3) with a high degree of fluency in incident, problem, change, release, and service-desk disciplines. Preference is for a candidate that has achieved for multiple ITIL practitioner or intermediate certifications or an ITIL master/expert-level certification
Requirements and General Skills:
- The ideal candidate will have breadth across IT disciplines, and deep skills in service delivery.
- Strong project management and leadership skills – proven track record of surpassing objectives and delivering exceptional results
- Experience with developing budgets and predicting costs
- Experienced with vendor management, selection and contracts
- Ability to thrive in change. Fast, flexible, cooperative work style with ability to reprioritize at a moment’s notice. Ability to work extended/flexible hours as required with occasional travel.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Analyze and solve poorly defined or ambiguous problems
- Experience designing/using an ITSM suite such those sold by BMC, Computer Associates, HP, IBM, or ServiceNow.
- Experience with monitoring platforms such as Quest Foglight, BMC Patrol, and Nagios
- Strong knowledge of IT infrastructure and software applications
- Proven ability to provide oversight and support to design, development and QA teams
- Demonstrated ability to translate technical requirements into business solutions
- This position is responsible for managing many tasks across many audience groups.
- Performs work with minimal supervisory direction
- Build and sustain stakeholder ownership and commitment
- People/facilitation skills - expectations management, obtaining buy-in/consensus, negotiating solutions, resolving conflict
- Anticipate and handle critical situations
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/V/D
The requirements and duties described above may be modified or waived by the Company in its sole discretion without notice
Sirius XM Radio - 17 months ago
You might say radio programming from this company comes from a higher plane. SIRIUS XM Radio operates satellite radio systems under the...