Life Science Specialist
Location: Sales - Northeastern Zone Department/Function: US Category Management
Location City: Pittsburgh Last updated: 1/4/13 10:57 AM
VWR International, LLC, is a global distributor of laboratory supplies and services whose reach and range focus on customer value. Headquartered in Radnor, Pa., with worldwide sales in excess of $4.1 billion in 2011, VWR delivers a world of supplies and services that accelerate science through the distribution of a highly diversified product line to most of the world's top pharmaceutical and biotech companies, as well as industrial, educational and governmental organizations. With more than 150 years of industry experience, VWR offers a well-established distribution network that reaches thousands of specialized labs and facilities across the globe. VWR has over 8,000 associates, in more than 25 countries working to streamline the way researchers stock and maintain their labs. With a client base spanning North America, Europe and Asia, VWR is firmly positioned to maintain a strong global presence. In addition, VWR further supports its customers by providing on-site services, storeroom management, product procurement, supply chain systems integration and technical services.
In addition to being a part of a global organization, VWR offers its associates competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits designed to help them stay healthy, plan for the future, prepare for the unexpected and balance the demands of work and home. VWR offers an outstanding benefits package that includes a 401(k) plan with a generous company matching contribution; medical, dental and life insurance; short- and long-term disability; EAP (employee assistance program); flexible spending account (FSA); holiday/vacation time; work/life balance programs; and education assistance.
At VWR, our associates are the framework of who we are and how we succeed. We value their accomplishments and offer long-lasting opportunities for growth and success. As a result, a substantial percentage of our associates have 10-, 20- and 30-year histories with VWR. Their loyalty reflects our ongoing commitment to offering great compensation, an engaging culture, and real opportunities for growth and success. VWR is a great place to work and we look forward to adding more outstanding members to our team.
This established position will be responsible for the daily promotion of suppliers and products within the VWR segment portfolio. Typically works in a home office environment with extensive regional travel to customer locations.
Experience & Skills:
- Sell entire VWR segment product portfolio.
- Close sales on more technical products, working in conjunction with generalist reps.
- Identify and assist in the process of converting competitive products to items available from VWR.
- Identify leads.
- Identify and close new business.
- Train and motivate the VWR general reps to sell target product areas.
- Sell and communicate VWR program strength to VWR sales reps, customers, and potential suppliers.
- Help manage segment portfolio in local area, and ensure effective communication to sales reps, sales managers, and area vice presidents of sales goals, trends, and performance, in support of local sales growth plans.
- Insure that VWR Program is the best-in-class.
- Assume overall territory ownership, along with VWR general sales reps and management team by attending regional meetings, strategy sessions, key account blitzes and on-site technical seminar.
- Must have a firm understanding of and experience within the segment marketplace
- Be a proactive individual, as well as have solid communication, organizational, time-management, and PC skills
- Be a self-starter that is quickly motivated, effectively implements programs, recognizes opportunities, communicates ideas, and acts with little direction in a fluid and matrixed environment
- Overnight travel is required
Resume Submissions To VWR From Third Party Recruitment Firms Will Not Be Considered
- 2-3 years of industry/lab experience required
- Minimum of BS degree in a science area
VWR maintains a drug free workplace
- 2 years ago - save job
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is a leading, independent provider of laboratory products, services and solutions...