As part of the Ryder team the Safety and Loss Prevention Manager will:
- Ensure Ryder maintains a distinct advantage over our competition with our safety and Insurance product offering.
- Provide value added safety services as a customer retention tool.
- Provide significant profit contribution to the FMS product line through insurance and loss prevention programs.
- Provide margin through claims administration customer insured units and through sales of value added safety services.
BA/BS Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or related field required
Five to 7 years direct experience in developing and managing employee Safety and Health programs is required
This position requires frequent travel, candidate must have ability to accommodate heavy travel schedule.
Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating employee based safety programs
- Masters Preferred
- Candidate possessing any of the following certification is preferred: Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Associate Safety Professional (ASP), and certified Director of Safety (CDS). Candidate with strong technical knowledge and background in DOT/FMCSR/OSHA regulatory standards, safety engineering and industrial security is a plus.
- Transportation Safety experience is preferred.
- Ability to work with all levels of management on multi-functional departments
- Proven ability in facilitating training for all levels of employees, supervision and management
- Proven ability as a self-starter and able to work alone
- Excellent interpersonal skills dealing with all levels of employees, customers, and management
- Excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent influencing and executive impact skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage/perform multiple tasks
- Excellent follow-up and time management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and budgets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills in Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office/Windows
- Able to impact and effect positive change with flexible, open minded, positive approach
- Support the Customer Safety and Loss Prevention function to provide leadership, guidance and direction to the entire Ryder FMS Organization and ensure consistent development, implementation and execution of integrated solutions with regard to all customer Safety, Health, and Security issues and initiatives
- Manage and support the operations VP, GMs, sales, finance, risk management and all field-operating managers relative to customer Safety and Loss Prevention programs as well as insurance, new sales, customer retention and delivering all customer safety services.
- Assist the SMSHS to analyze trends, and make suggestions to improve results of key performances indicators including customer retention/satisfaction, insurance margin, insurance penetration, loss ratios, collision frequency, and individual customer insurance and loss experience.
- Provide consulting services to our customers and serve as an interface with all regulatory agencies regarding inspections, audit and compliance issues related to DOT regulations.
- Support the new business sales process by making sales visits and proposals to the prospective customer to sell Ryder’s insurance and safety value added services.
- Manage and lead the liability and physical damage insurance program in the field including recommending rate increases, negotiations with customers, loss cost analyst and risk rating assessments.
- Manage the physical damage repair process for Ryder insured and non-insured customers including coordination of repairs with body shops, customer and customer insurance company’s claims administration and billing and customer negotiations.
- Provide leadership to the general managers and monitor the physical damage repair process and provide leadership and direction the CBU’s to ensure that margins are adequate and that process billing protocol is used with the customer.
- Manage the Safety Administration for their assigned CBU’s to ensure financial billing requirements are met, customer communications is effective, loss prevention processes in place and people are managed effectively.
- Conduct customer risk assessments, develop loss prevention recommendations, and sell solutions to our customers to provide value added services and generate safety services revenue for Ryder FMS product line,
- Conduct large loss reviews with the insured customer and present findings to Ryder operations VP’s, GM’s, Risk Management as well as the customer and determine appropriate actions regarding insurance coverage that could impact customer relationships and retention
- Establish and implement the new sales review process, obtain customer loss experience, establish risk rating, generate proposals using Options and present to the customer.
- Establish safety services marketing plan to ensure maximum participation in Safety Training and the Ryder safety product offerings.
- Develop and deliver customer safety training and sell Ryder Safety Training and the Ryder safety product offerings.
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace.
Ryder System, Inc. is a FORTUNE® 500 provider of leading-edge transportation, logistics and supply chain management solutions. Ryder's...