This position is responsible for planning and directing provider recruitment and contracting activities; educating providers, ongoing provider service; and for providing training to new and existing network staff.
1) Bachelor Degree in Business OR 6 years leadership experience;
2) 4 years experience in claims, customer service, physician office or hospital or healthcare environment;
3) 3 years experience in a position which requires in-depth physician/provider relations, including but not limited to, contracting and reimbursement issues;
4) Ability to negotiate and contract with healthcare providers;
5) Platform skills; organizational and planning skills; and ability to take initiative and work independently;
6) Ability to multi-task; meet deadlines and work well under pressure;
7) Ability and willingness to travel within assigned areas of responsibility, including overnight stays;
8) PC proficiency to include Microsoft Office.
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS:
1) Prior territory management experience;
2) Knowledge of BCBSTX claims processing systems.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 19 months ago