Madden Industrial Craftsmen is searching for an experienced Tool & Die Maker to
analyze specifications, lay out metal stock, set up and operate machine tools, and fit and assemble parts to make and repair dies, cutting tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, and machinists' hand tools.
1. Reading and working according to specifications and tolerances of detailed engineered drawings, machine assembly prints, machine construction prints, blueprints, sketches, equipment manuals and vendor diagrams
2. Setting up, operating, and reading precision testing and measuring instruments according to specification of accuracy
3. Troubleshooting and diagnosing equipment malfunctions and making repairs or adjustments based on diagnosis
4. Setting up and operating wide variety of machine tools (e.G., lathes, vertical milling machines, surface grinders, cylindrical grinders, internal grinders, etc.).
5. Selecting, grinding, and using various cutting tools such as high speed steel tools, parting and grooving tools, turning tools, etc.
6. Selecting, dressing, setting up, and using grinding wheels in such operations as: surface grinding, form grinding, cylindrical grinding, etc.
7. Performing bench work such as: hand filing, honing, hand grinding, diamond polishing, etc.
8. Constructing, assembling and repairing punches, dies, jigs, fixtures, mechanical equipment, and devices to specifications on materials such as: tool steels, stainless steels, ferrous and non-ferrous materials, etc.
9. Performing layout work using squares, scribes, tapes, vernier height gauges, rules, centers, dividers, etc.
10. Shears, grinds, etc. Dies and mold parts to fit irregular shapes and contours.
11. Performing heat-treating operations on metals.
12. Performing other duties and tasks not specifically assigned
13. Skill in Solidworks is mandatory, MasterCam would be very helpful.
1. Experience working with basic math and trigonometry
2. 7 or more years of experience working with tool and die making
3. 5 years of experience running basic machining equipment (turning, milling, welding)
4. Carbide out diameter, inner diameter, profile and form grinding experience
5. Experience working with hand blending and polishing of deep cavity forming dies
6. Metallurgical background and working knowledge of carbides, tool steels, and alloys
7. Familiarity with rubber and plastic machining
8. Experience with heat treatment processes, transfer presses, and progressive dies
Madden Industrial Craftsmen, Inc - 12 months ago
MICI has been putting people to work in the Portland Metro area for 15 years; we know where the jobs are. We are a Portland based, family-ow...