· Monitors territory performance against established objectives/guidelines and take the appropriate action to improve performance
- Performs Sales Calls this includes but is not limited to: traveling to customers and potential customer’s facilities providing them with information and support; making sales presentations to prospective and present clients; calculating and quoting prices, taking orders and closing transactions; contacting prospects and explaining features and merits of products or services offered, utilizing persuasive sales and negotiation techniques; answer all questions concerning a product or service, with appropriate referrals where required.
· Provides customer service to ensure resolution of issues within marketing policies; communicates customer requirements and request support from other departments as necessary; provides product specific customer feedback (i.e. product features, quality, functionality, competition, possible sales results, etc. to product line managers, management or customer service personnel as appropriate to assist in achieving company’s mission, vision and objectives
· Assists in establishing sales objectives for the territory in conjunction with the District Manager and ensures sales activities in the territory comply with established policies, procedures and practices, using good judgment and decision-making to ensure corporate ethical and professional standards of conduct are maintained in the absence of formalized guidelines.
· Stays abreast and informs management of industry, product, economic, and other territory changes that may impact sales and overall company business; provides timely reporting of activities in the field and special reporting to assist in the business and product planning.
· Assists in developing a territory coverage plan, which defines the type of support and frequency of customer contact required to meet territory goals.
· Performs analysis on region opportunities and develops forecast for sales by customer and product and other s statistical reports as required on a timely basis; identifies additional activities, training or materials necessary to achieve specific product sales goals in key accounts and markets; responsible for identify and continuously improving activities that can affect customer perception.
· Provides recommendations for expense budgets; manages business expenses in accordance with corporate guidelines; ensures all assigned company owned equipment, vehicles, documents, materials, etc. are used, maintained and stored as required and in accordance with company policy.
- High school diploma required; college degree a plus.
- 1-3 years of progressively responsible work related experience and any combination of education and training, which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Ability to learn and maintain indebt knowledge of the company’s diverse business and product lines.
- Knowledge of the terms, concepts and practices of the marketing and sales environment, to include basic accounting, product developments and manufacturing procedures, distribution, customer service, etc.
- Proficient using a PC, e-mail and other in-house database systems.
- Excellent presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills to effectively interact and negotiate with internal and external customers and business contacts, at all organizational levels; ability to communicate with others in antagonistic situation using appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict and maintain professionalism in accordance with corporate standards.
- Ability to work and communicate with diverse groups, ability to achieve results through team efforts, and ability to persuade, market, and sell new ideas.
- Ability to gather, assemble, correlate and analyze statistical and financial data to develop solutions
- Ability to travel
- 75% - 100% domestic travel via land and/or air. May be required to lift and move up to 100lbs without lifting aids.
- Vision requirements are comparable to that which is required to maintain a valid driver’s license.
- 100% body movement is required to successfully perform the job, such as standing, reaching, climbing, use of all major limbs, etc
Mohawk Industries - 2 years ago