The Senior Office Coordinator oversees support activities for their respective front desk areas. Coordinates work flows, performs personnel management functions, trains and instructs new employees, and serves as a liaison between the staff and Administration to ensure adherence to established quality and performance standards under the direction of the Manager of Patient Access.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A. Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities High school graduate or GED equivalent, plus some college or technical training is preferred. B. Required Length and Type of Experience
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Minimum five years relevant hospital or medical experience, or combination of work experience and education in insurance verification, patient registration, medical terminology, and ICD-9/CPT-4 coding. Externships may be applied as work experience.
- Minimum two years previous supervisory experience.
- Previous experience with computer-based patient management systems.
- Ten-key skills and ability to type 50 wpm. C. Required Licensure, Certification or Registry
- Demonstrated skills in customer service, collection of patient demographic and insurance/payer information and cash collection.
- Requires excellent interpersonal skills encompassing strong oral and written communication techniques.
- Demonstrated personnel management skills and the ability to organize, motivate, and develop front desk staff.
- Ability to multi-task.
1. Oversees staff utilizing proper human resources management practices, provides an environment which is safe and encourages teamwork in order to promote retention, productivity, and a quality customer-oriented team.
2. Acts as a liaison between the physician and patient of patient family members in a professional manner promoting a positive customer service attitude
3. Serves as a liaison between the front desk staff and Administration to resolve problems and ensure adherence to quality and performance standards.
4. Participates in the orientation of new employees in a positive manner. Shares knowledge, experiences, and provides guidance as evidenced by feedback from new orientees.
5. Assures continuous training, education, and development of the front desk staff.
6. Routinely meets with the front desk staff to deliver information, educate on internal policies and procedures, obtain feedback, and provide open communication within the team.
7. Oversees front desk staff to ensure all work is accomplished daily as required by established guidelines.
8. Exhibits willingness and responsiveness to supervisor’s requests. Fulfills additional responsibilities within the expertise of the individual’s job scope that is appropriate to his/her practice.
9. Able to establish priorities, assess workload and determine order of importance on a daily basis with minimal guidance required.
10. Obtains accurate information from the patient or patient representative when registering.
11. Prepares and processes the required consent forms and obtains the necessary signatures upon patient arrival.
12. Processes all patient medical record releases according to HIPPA policy and procedure adhering to patient’s rights and confidentiality.
13. Identifies deductibles, out-of-pocket expenses, co-payments, percentage payables, preferred providers and other boundaries that are payor driven and facilities cash collection for identified services.
14. Ensures cash collection and balancing procedures are performed in an efficient, correct, and timely manner in accordance to PRMC policy.
15. Investigates and corrects all issues relating to error reports; e.g. Denial, Daily Hold, and Open Encounter.
16. Orders and maintains necessary office and/or medical supplies while staying within budgetary limits.
17. Works with other Senior Office Coordinators to ensure maximum performance of all front desk areas.
18. Is punctual in arriving on duty and can be relied upon to be on duty as scheduled.
19. On a regular basis, finished and leaves work on time, unless deemed necessary by supervisor to stay minimizing overtime.
20. Performs other functionally related duties as assigned.