MPC Direct Ship Logistics Operator
The Direct Ship Operator role:
The Direct Ship Operator is responsible for ensuring replenishment loads are fulfilled, prepared for shipment and delivered to the appropriate destination in a safe, quality, timely and cost effective manner. This position is the final operation in meeting customer requirements for high quality, damage free, on-time, correctly loaded and accurate (Bill of Lading) deliveries.
Follow FIFO shipping guidelines, consolidation of product and general warehouse clean up and maintenance
Palletize finished bagged product and stretch wrap finished skid as needed.
Fill Customer Orders
: Coordinate shipping of products, assure accurate deployment of finished products with the associated paperwork, including picking items required for customer orders, place on correct shipping platform and load to correct trailer upon completing proper trailer inspections.
: Load trailers according to loading specifications and in a manner which delivers product on time (arrives when originally expected) and complete (accurate by item and damage free) as measured by our customers and other receiving destinations.
– Inspect, verify item(s) and quantity, unload, and correctly warehouse all in-bound shipments (finished goods and materials) using safe procedures while maintaining the quality of all products and using accurate inventory management procedures.
- Conduct thorough trailer and forklift inspections prior to using piece of equipment, filling out all inspection forms completely as well as any required repair work orders
- Operate forklift equipment to move product from and within the warehouse to trailers. Will be required to operate in a manner maintaining required sanitation levels. Repair and recoup damaged goods as accidentally created during product movement and document as required.
Follow FIFO principles for finished products.
- Create proper re-ship tags and ASN labels as required and tagging pallets from the palletizer as needed. Organize warehouse and all warehouse supplies, shipping materials, packaging materials.
Manual Picking and Palletizing
- Accurately pick all products for mixed pallets, properly palletize and stretchwrap finished skid, and label correctly.
– When required, be able to properly cycle count all areas of warehouse and be able to make appropriate inventory adjustments in inventory system.
Maintain cleanliness of warehouse, dock and trailer storage areas.
Participate in problem solving groups as appropriate.
Order supplies according to each individual area.
Check current shipment orders for accuracy and make daily reports.
Train other associates in operation of all areas and systems.
Overtime may be required.
Retain primary responsibility for coordination of the following:
- Maintain a clean, safe work environment that promotes associate safety and product integrity.
- Improve operations through individual and group problem solving and provide leadership in solving problems on the floor and in meetings
- Promote high quality team environment through effective team work and self direction with a positive attitude.
- Provide feedback to Shipping Logistics Technician to achieve relevant shipping schedules.
Who Should Apply . . .
- Receipt and warehousing of all inbound materials.
- Maintenance of production records and reports for receipt of inbound materials and shipment of finished goods.
- Coordinate the minimization of on-site inventories and reducing cost through inventory control, ensure accuracy of inventories to the 98% level.
- Stage materials to minimize damage and maximize easy access to materials.
- Manage information to minimize hold balances and track finished product inventories.
- Obtain and maintain proficiency in job specific business systems such as Office Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel systems.
Remain current with facility utilized business systems such as Kronos and Mpower,
- Obtain training in the job specific needs of SPEDE and/or PRMS.
- Responsible for your own safety and for the safety of others which may be affected by others actions.
Demonstrate good judgment and react to unsafe acts and conditions, either by making them safe or reporting them to those in a position to correct them.
- Other similar duties as assigned.
We are looking for individuals who demonstrate the following behaviors:
- Team player
- Action oriented
- Problem solving abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Continuous self development
- Must not be afraid of heights; m
ust be capable of working at elevated heights
- Must not be unusually sensitive to chemicals (contact lenses not recommended).
- Vision correctable to 20/20.
- Must be able to stand on feet for long periods of time.
- Standing on a concrete floor
- Wearing proper personal protective equipment (hair net, bump cap, ear plugs, safety shoes, and uniform)
- Bending, stooping, twist, turn, standing for extended time periods, reaching, climbing stairs, and lifting up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to adapt to temperature and environmental extremes such as hot to cold, dust dirt and chemicals
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Forklift assignments require OSHA certification and getting on and off frequently
- Certified in Forklift operation
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment with a positive attitude and minimal supervision
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good basic math, reading and writing skills
- Basic knowledge of personal computers
- Good problem solving and/or troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of Safety, Quality and Material Management Systems and procedures
- Ability to read and understand the daily production run schedule, and execute to that plan
- Ability to communicate to managers and team members any production, quality/food safety or other business critical information vital to operations and customer service
- Must be willing and able to work and accept varying shifts and schedules
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate in the English language
- Successful completion of a substance screening and background check
- 3+ years of manufacturing experience operating a variety of machines
- 2 years of work experience within manufacturing, or a technical and/or trade discipline
- Working Knowledge of food safety, GMP, GHOP, HACCP, SPC
- Knowledge of inventory control principles
- Ability to operate a forklift/OSHA certification
- Experience with SAP
Company-paid relocation is not available for this position.
As a privately-held, family-owned company, Mars Petcare North America offers benefits which reflect our commitment to attracting and retaining great people. This includes excellent pay, competitive health and dental care coverage, a retirement plan, a very competitive vacation plan and unrivalled career advancement opportunities, to name just a few of our unique and generous benefits.
If you're looking for a place where you can take ownership for your work, where the pace is fast, the environment is built around the importance of open communication, and where employees are called "associates" and treated as such, then we want to hear from you.
We value a diverse work environment and encourage qualified individuals to apply, regardless of race, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, gender and age. Mars Petcare North America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
Visit www.mars.com to learn more about our company and for information about all of our current openings. Please, no agencies.
Mars - 30+ days ago
Mars knows chocolate sales are nothing to snicker at. It makes such worldwide favorites as M&M's, Snickers, and the Mars bar. Other...