Functions as a direct patient care giver within the unit's care delivery system. Integrates nursing theories in patient care.
Education or Formal Training
Special Qualifications (Licensure, Registration, etc.)
1. Colorado RN license in good standing
2. ACLS certification required within 6 months of hire
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
Demonstrated physical and mental ability to apply nursing theories, procedures and standards to clinical practice
1. One to two years RN clinical nursing experience preferred.
2. Six months to one year Telemetry/Critical Care experience preferred.
Materials and Equipment Directly Used
Standard medical/hospital equipment, e.g., wheelchair, carts, monitoring equipment, infusion pumps, phones, computers, and call light system
Working Environment/Physical Activities
1. Physical working environment may include, but not be limited to, any of the following hazards: chemical, electrical, mechanical, biowaste, explosive, radiation, etc.
2. Environmental conditions may include, but not be limited to, variations in temperature, noise, odors, etc.
3. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to constantly stand and walk. The employee frequently is required to stoop, crouch and twist. The employee is occasionally required to kneel, squat and sit.
4. The employee must be able to consistently support, push, pull and/or lift up to 30 pounds, and occasionally support, push, pull and/or transfer up to 50 pounds (for example, moving a patient from a wheelchair to a bed).
5. Functional physical demands include manual dexterity, fine motor skills and reaching. The following senses will be needed for essential duties of the job: speech, vision, hearing, smell and touch.
Boulder Community Hospital - 2 years ago