BASIC PURPOSE :
Gemini Motor Transport operates trucks across the United States, servicing Love’s Travel Stops wholesale and retail customers. Our Fuel Transport positions are among the best in the industry. Gemini strives to achieve only the highest safety ratings in our business, for our professional drivers and loyal customers.
- Drives company trucks to destinations and operates equipment to transport fuel.
- Have knowledge and comply with, all applicable federal, state, local and company rules and regulations that are in accordance with the accepted principals of the safe operation of a hazardous cargo tank motor vehicle.
- Have knowledge and comply with, the proper methods of loading and unloading for the various cargos to be transported.
- Report to logistics at the specified time and maintain contact with logistics as required.
- Complete driver daily logs and all necessary delivery tickets, trip reports, fuel reports, damage reports, and other paperwork required by company, to be turned in as instructed.
- Report to logistics at time specified and maintain contact with dispatch offices.
- Comply with loading/unloading procedures for the appropriate cargos being transported.
- Follow company guidelines in regards to acceptable conduct when dealing with customers, fellow employees, and the motoring public.
- Comply with all company safety & performance standards.
- Represent the Company to our customers, the public and the trucking industry in a professional manner at all times.
- Maintain records for compliance with state and federal regulations, including driver’s logs, records of fuel purchases, mileage records and other records.
- Follow and comply with Company’s “Code of Conduct” program.
- Report all accidents immediately involving driver and/or company equipment, regardless of the damage to manager.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
- Each driver must have a Commercial Driver’s License and other appropriate endorsements and state requirements to be carried in truck cab while driver is in service.
- Each driver must qualify physically, and obtain a Medical Examiner’s Certificate, under the requirements of 49 CFR, Section 391 43-49 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- 2 years of verifiable over-the-road driving experience.
- Knowledge of all applicable DOT and Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Be able to any shifts on any day/s.
- Ability to hook and unhook trailers when required.
- The ability to drive for up to 11 hours and work a total of 14 hours, while transporting hazardous materials and sitting for extended periods of time in a truck tractor.
- Must be at least 21 years of age and meet the qualifications in 49 CFR Section 391.11(b)(1) of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Must be able to read and speak the English language, in accordance with 49CFR Section 391.11(b)(2) of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- The ability to walk, bend, reach, push, stoop, squat, and climb, as necessary, to perform vehicle inspections required under 49 CFR Sections 396.11-15 of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
- The ability to walk, bend, reach, push, stoop, squat, as well as grasp, lift, and handle heavy equipment as necessary, to ensure safety during the hooking and dropping processes of tractor/trailer combinations. as well as climb upon the trailer when necessary (for instance, to ensure closure of dome lids following loading or unloading), also when dealing with sections of hose that may exceed 20’ in length, measure as many as 4” in diameter, and weigh as much as 75 lbs. This is to ensure safe and proper practice when coupling, and when disconnecting hose.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Requires normal range of hearing, vision and smell.
Gemini Motor Transport - 2 years ago