RN- Acute GHSC
Requisition #: 75609
Status: Full-Time with Full-Time Benefits (40 Hours)
Business Unit: Community Care Services
Department: MRDC Acute Dialysis
Job Family: Nurses
Job Function: Nursing
Campus/Job Location Macomb Regional Dialysis Cente
Location (State/City): US-MI-Clinton Township
Our health system thrives on teamwork, and we know our employees achieve the greatest results when they are working together for a common goal - to provide care for our patients. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment then we have a job for you!
Henry Ford Health System is one of the country's largest health care systems and a national leader in clinical care, research and education. Our system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, six hospitals, Health Alliance Plan, 32 primary care centers and many other health-related entities throughout Southeast Michigan. Founded in 1915 by auto pioneer Henry Ford, we continue to be committed to improving the health and well-being of a diverse Michigan community. In 2009 alone, Henry Ford Health System provided more than $173 million in uncompensated care. Henry Ford also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 23,000. Our health system is led by CEO Nancy Schlichting.
Greenfield Health Systems is recognized as one of the leading dialysis and renal care providers in the country. We currently manage 18 units in Southeast Michigan and Northwest Ohio that provide acute, chronic, daily home hemodialysis, home peritoneal dialysis, and transplantation services.
Greenfield Health Systems (GHS), a division of the Henry Ford Health System and Community Care Services, has been a major contributor to numerous local and national research and educational initiatives since its inception in the dialysis arena in the early 1970's. Our GHS staff consists of approximately 500 physicians, nurses, technicians, dietitians, social workers, financial analysts, and other allied health professionals and provides dialysis, counseling, and referral services to over 2000 patients annually.
Our medical advisory board, consisting of medical directors from each program/unit, provides the oversight and governance required by Federal and State agencies to meet practice and reimbursement guidelines for ESRD patients.
Our programs utilize state-of-the-art equipment and our extensively trained and experienced staff and management teams contribute their expertise to further advances in research and provide vital links to the communities we serve.
To learn more, visit HenryFord.com or http://www.ghsrenal.com/
- Functions include admission and ongoing assessments of patients utilizing physical and psychosocial assessment skills, diagnostic data, and medical evaluations
- Evaluates effectiveness of care provided as related to short and long term patient goals
- Develops a plan for patient care including actions in anticipation of individual patient needs
- Implements nursing actions and medical orders to meet complex needs of patients and significant others, taking into account their age specific psychosocial and educational needs
- Documents care provided and patient responses to care in appropriate forms in the patient's record
- Assumes Charge Nurse responsibilities and accountability for care provided by LPNs and non-licensed technical personnel as assigned
- Leadership abilities are demonstrated in the following: functioning as a professional role model, consumer relations, communication skills, problem solving, decision making, and assistance in orienting and training personnel
- Will strive to fulfill the organization's mission, values, philosophy and goals
- Graduate of state approved school of nursing
- Possesses current RN licensure with the applicable State Board of Nursing
- Requires on call rotations
- Must have the ability to work extended hours on an as needed bases
- Previous Dialysis experience preferred
- Previous ICU experience preferred
- Previous Acute experience preferred
-* Benefits are effective the 1st of the month following 60 days of employment**
Medical / Vision
Employee and Dependent Life
Accidental Death and Dismemberment
Long Term Disability
Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
CTO benefits accrue after 90 days
Short Term Disability is effective the first of the month following six month
Tuition is effective after one year
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, weight/height, marital status, familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Henry Ford Health System - 2 years ago
Built around a hospital founded by Detroit's favorite son, the not-for-profit Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) is a hospital network...