POSITION TITLE: PATENT PROSECUTION FILE CLERK
DEPARTMENT: INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY GROUP
SUPERVISOR(S): ALAN LENKIN
SCHEDULE: MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 9:00 A.M.-6:00 P.M.
STATUS: NON-EXEMPT, 40 HOURS PER WEEK
Provides filing support to patent prosecution department by performing the duties listed below.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
• Responsible for creating new patent prosecution files.
• Responsible for records management of active and inactive patent prosecution files including indexing and mail management (extensive filing).
• Prepare emails and/or letters for reporting of Patent and Trademark Office correspondence and transmitted patent prosecution documents to clients.
• Scan and upload documents into Document Management System.
• Provide clerical support to entire patent prosecution department.
• Other administrative duties as needed.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills Requirement s:
• High school diploma or equivalent is required.
• Intellectual Property experience with 1 yr. minimum working in patent prosecution records management is required .
• Knowledge and experience in the processes and procedures associated with patent prosecution and familiarity with patent correspondence from patent offices and outside legal counsel.
• Computer proficient with working knowledge of MS Word and Outlook is required.
• Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrate quality customer service with an ability to interact with all levels of personnel.
• Understanding and appreciation for working with highly sensitive and confidential information.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and adapt quickly to change.
• Good punctuality and attendance.
Physical Requirements :
• Position involves extensive filing. The clerk must retrieve files, but has assistance with heavy lifting or upon request. Job entails sitting, standing, kneeling, walking, lifting at various times throughout the day. Anticipate sitting and using computer skills for a majority of the work day.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment, including computer, laser printer, telephone, photocopier.
Seyfarth Shaw is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call (310) 201-5245 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
We offer an outstanding benefit package which includes: medical/dental, 401k with employer contribution; life insurance; transportation fringe benefit program; generous paid time off policy; and long-term and short-term disability policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Every day is labor day at law firm Seyfarth Shaw, which specializes in handling employment-related matters for its clients. The firm divides...