This senior position is DAL’s leading technical authority on all matters pertaining to quality control and quality assurance. This position has overall responsibility for the quality success of projects to include work and services performed and materials provided by DAL, vendors, fabrication facilities and subcontractors. The Quality Control Manager plans, coordinates, and oversees implementation of DAL’s quality control and quality assurance programs. This position also reviews and amends DAL’s corporate Quality Plan to keep it current and to ensure compliance in all respects with established standards, methods and specifications.
- Understand, practice and continually lead by example Doyon Associated’s commitment to zero incident safety and environmental culture.
- Develop and oversee implementation of DAL’s corporate Quality Plan.
- Coordinate and supervise all maintenance, revisions, and approvals of DAL’s Quality Plan, manuals and forms.
- Ensure client quality requirements are incorporated into DAL’s project processes and procedures.
- Coordinate with clients to obtain interpretations of quality requirements and the resolutions of quality related issues.
- Participate in pre-construction meetings with clients to ensure DAL’s Quality Control Plan, applicable specifications and expected quality workmanship conform with clients’ quality assurance requirements.
- Participate in pre-construction meetings with subcontractors, vendors and fabrication faculties to ensure compliance with and understanding of DAL’s Quality Control Plan, applicable specification sections and expected quality workmanship.
- Closely work with DAL managers and supervisors to ensure understanding and compliance with all quality requirements.
- Create and/or recommend processes for all departments, areas and work impacted by quality including document control, procurement, work execution and training.
- Oversee and/or conduct quality control and quality assurance training.
- Effectively manage the Quality Control Department to ensure qualified staff is hired and retained during projects.
- Supervise DAL quality personnel. Details in Quality Control Supervisor and Quality Control Inspector job descriptions.
- Provide quality control supervision and leadership on new pipeline construction, rehabilitation of existing pipelines, and oilfield maintenance projects.
- Provide quality assurance supervision and leadership over subcontractors, fabrication facilities and vendors.
- Ensure all construction activities comply with established and contractual quality standards.
- Continually improve quality awareness on all projects.
- Ensure all construction activities comply with all applicable construction and engineering standards and codes, safety and environmental rules, quality control criteria, drawings, and specifications.
- Assist corporate and project management, estimators and client personnel during a project’s planning phase to include preparation of a project quality plan, work sequencing, alternative solutions, and execution plans for new and continuing projects.
- Although the majority of the Quality Control Manager’s duties and responsibilities take place in an office, field work is oftentimes required.
- Travel to various locations in support of construction projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Technical – Excellent understanding of contract provisions which address quality control and quality assurance requirements, scope of work, design criteria and applicability to subcontractor, vendor and fabrication quality assurance oversight. Perform Quality Control Supervisor’s job when required. The Quality Control Supervisor’s Job Description is incorporated by reference into this document. Perform Quality Control Inspector’s job when required. The Quality Control Inspector’s Job Description is incorporated by reference into this document. Working knowledge of 49CFR, Part 192, API 1104, and Api 1107. Ability to read and accurately interpret project specifications and design criteria. Ability to read maps, pipeline surveys, drawings, mechanical flow sheets, spool drawings and all other design criteria.
- Confidentiality – Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate procedures for handling sensitive and confidential information
- Team Work – Ability to work in a team environment, take directions from supervisor(s), high degree of attention to details, follow work rules, and adhere to established work schedules.
- Customer Service – Active interface with clients’ corporate quality assurance and technical authority personnel. Demonstrates knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers, analyzes and interprets both financial and general business information skillfully.
- Oral and Written Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills, prepares and delivers written reports, conducts meetings and negotiates with employees, subcontractors and clients.
- Delegation – Delegates work assignments, gives authority to work independently, sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Management and Leadership Skills – Assign and supervise quality control personnel working on simultaneous and concurrent projects.
- Quality Management – Must understand the importance of quality workmanship and continually take proactive measures to ensure all construction activities meet or exceed corporate and client quality criteria and standards. Ability to understand and interpret quality control and quality assurance programs. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment and makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans; has ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously.
- Safety and Security – Must understand the risks of pipeline construction and rehabilitation and continually take proactive measures to mitigate all safety and environmental hazards. Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
Depending on size, complexity and number of simultaneously jobs, this position supervises project Quality Control Supervisors and Quality Control Inspectors.
To successfully perform this job, this position must perform all duties and responsibilities accurately and satisfactorily while complying with specific deadlines. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to satisfactorily perform this job.
PREFERENCE STATEMENT: Preference will be given to Doyon shareholders and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations in accordance with Title 43 U.S. Code 1626(g) and Title 42 U.S. Code 2003-2(i).
- EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- AWS Certified Welding Inspector Certificate required.
- College degree in engineering, construction management or-related and equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years supervisory experience as Quality Control and/or Quality Assurance Manager on arctic pipeline construction projects.
- Field experience as Quality Control Supervisor and/or Quality Control Inspector on arctic pipeline construction projects.
- Government, Oil and Gas industry experience on union contracts.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret project schedules, common scientific and technical journals, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical requirements, legal documents and government regulations.
- Ability to write highly complex reports and business correspondence and understand such reports and correspondence when received from other sources.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all project levels, from craft employees to project and corporate management and clients.
- COMPUTER SKILLS
- Must have working knowledge of computers and strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Windows XP.
- MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
- Ability to apply intermediate mathematical skills including algebraic equations, fractions and volume metric measures.
- Ability to understand and interpret graphs, charts and tables.
- REASONING ABILITY
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Strong ability to professionally explain reasons on differences of opinion with welders, foremen and superintendents.
- Strong ability to reason with client’s corporate quality assurance personnel and technical experts, and field quality assurance, technical authorities and construction supervisory representatives.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described in this job description are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The noise level in an office is usually quiet but in the field or at the job site is usually noisy.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25+ pounds. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. [Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions].
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: It is Doyon’s business philosophy and practice to provide reasonable accommodations, according to applicable state and federal laws, to all qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities.
Doyon Government Group
- 3 years ago - save job