This position will support the Springfield, Burke, Fredericksburg, and Woodbridge medical centers.
Provides clerical and administrative support for Medical Facility Administrative Office and ensures efficient coordination of communication and administrative functions throughout the facility.
- Provides clerical and administrative support for the Administrative Office in a Medical Facility.
- Answers telephones and takes messages or forwards call as appropriate; processes and distributes incoming and outgoing interoffice and US mail; creates and maintains facility and personnel files; orders office supplies; maintains office printer, copier, and fax supplies and calls for repair as needed; and performs other administrative support functions.
- Supports Medical Facility Administrator and Facility Management Team as needed to ensure the smooth coordination of activities.
- May also provide clerical and administrative support to the PCCL and Service Chiefs in smaller facilities.
- Serves as back-up for Member Assistance Resource Specialist, Facility Services Supervisor, Materials Coordinator, Switchboard Operator, Medical Group Secretary and other administrative support personnel as needed.
- Resolves member or staff problems and complaints or refers them to the appropriate resource in the Facility, Service Area, Or Regional Office.
- Receives and distributes personnel and budget reports to managers and supervisors.
- May run monthly encounter reports from PACE, following up with providers and ancillary departments to ensure that data is complete.
- May assist PCCL or other managers with the preparation of periodic reports.
- Coordinates communication for the facility, including dissemination of communication from Regional, Service Area, and Facility Administration; maintenance of the facility's monthly calendar; and maintenance of bulletin boards and job postings.
- Coordinates preparation and distribution of the facility newsletter.
- Coordinates meeting arrangements: schedules conference rooms and video conferences, orders refreshments, distributes agendas, and prepares materials and presentations.
- Attends QA/QI, admin, and other meetings as assigned; takes, prepares, and disseminates minutes.
- Maintains and disseminates, as appropriate, confidential information and personnel records including leave balances, payroll, disciplinary actions, performance evaluations, and budget reports.
- Serves as back-up for KRONOS edits and resolves time sheet problems for part-time and on-call employees.
- May coordinate collection and submission of MAPMG timesheets.
- Monitors budget for administrative supplies and keeps MFA informed of status.
- May be responsible for maintenance and reconciliation of petty cash fund.
- Coordinates training and education activities in the facility.
- Conducts or facilitates new employee orientation in the facility.
- May serve as PACE Coordinator, responsible for training providers and health plan staff.
- Coordinates quarterly OSHA training, including scheduling and tracking staff attendance; may present assigned topics.
- Ensures that teaching materials and handouts are available for all staff and member training sessions.
- Three (3) years of clerical/administrative experience in an office environment required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Has knowledge of office procedures including filing, standard computer applications in a Windows environment (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic mail), and standard office processes.
- Sitting at desk performing keyboarding and data entry functions.
- Normal office space with lighting, airs, and heat.
- Prolonged exposure to computer visual display terminals, scanning equipment, other peripheral devices utilizing chemical powders and inks (i.e. toner, ink jet cartridges, etc.
- Customer Service experience or experience in an office with high customer interaction preferred.
- Familiarity with Kaiser Permanente operations and specialized applications (PACE, KRONOS, K-Term, etc.) preferred.
Kaiser Permanente - 17 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...