SUMMARY: The Operations Project Manager is responsible for organizing and managing projects that have Material and Operations related dependencies. The Operations Project Manager also serves as a resource and subject matter expert for our Marketing counter parts, in Operations related matters.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: No direct reports
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Develop and implement project plans as well as track project checklists
· Manage and execute a number of different projects simultaneously, across brands, and across our network of plants and distribution centers.
· Own larger and more complex projects and programs – those that drive significant levels of spending and workflow
· Proactively develop and implement start-to-finish project plans, with limited supervision, clearly identifying task predecessors, critical paths, and required resources to ensure smooth project progress.
· Facilitate all internal and external work on projects, keeping team on task
· Monitor and track various components of projects, ensuring their success against the objectives
· Evaluate success of projects, and recommend path to continually improve the process
· Research and analyze data to understand, identify and recommend opportunities
· Generate demand forecasts for product and materials required for projects, based on internal and external data assumptions
· Provide clear direction and input to all interdepartmental links.
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
· Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by GMCR and external agencies.
· Performs other duties as requested by management .
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously
· Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures
· 4-year college degree in business management, or a minimum of 3 years in related project management work
· Demonstrated success in project management in a cross functional and fast paced environment.
· Excellent communication/presentation skills (oral and written)
· Advanced Microsoft office skills, especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
· Peoplesoft data management and query skills a plus
· Strong organizational skills
· Strong interpersonal skills, ability to lead others, be punctual, and follow instructions
· Strong attention to detail is a must
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
· Predominately sedentary light office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (67% - 100% of the workday).
· Ability to lift 30 pounds on a regular basis and 50 pounds occasionally.
· Ability to occasionally kneel, squat, bend, and stoop, twist, and reach overhead
· Ability to sit for long periods of time
· Ability to travel, over nights possible
Green Mountain Coffee Roasters - 2 years ago