Supports the patient care team by performing multifunctional activities such as direct patient care, under the direction of a Registered Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse, and administrative/clerical support. According to established procedures, collects, and performs limited tests or specimens per physician order. Assists physician and nurse with designated procedures.
1.Education and Training
- Graduate of approved Medical Assistant program with one (1) year related medical office experience and/or a 160 hour externship within a medical care environment that was completed within the past five years is preferred
- One (1) year of direct patient care experience that must include phlebotomy, vital signs, bathing, and ambulating will be considered in lieu of education
- One (1) year of nurse aide or STNA (State Tested Nursing Assistant) is preferred
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification is required.
3.Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications
- One (1) year experience providing direct patient care that must include vital signs, bathing, ambulating and phlebotomy is preferred.
- Basic computer skills are required.
Western Reserve Hospital
- 2 years ago - save job