Calix is the largest communications equipment supplier focused solely on access and is a leading global provider of broadband communications access systems and software. The Calix Unified Access portfolio allows service providers to connect to their residential and business subscribers and deploy virtually any service over fiber- and copper-based network architectures. With more than 900 customers – whose networks serve over 50 million subscriber lines in total – Calix is at the forefront of enabling the innovative ways that communications service providers deliver advanced broadband services and value to their customers. www.calix.com NYSE: CALX
Calix is seeking a creative, self-motivated, and flexible course developer who takes pride in creating high-quality, engaging eLearning and instructional content. As a member of Global Training and Certification team, you will be a key contributor in all areas of courseware development for our global customer base, including design, development, and evaluation of eLearning, blended learning, online tutorials, and classroom training. We are seeking a detail oriented, motivated, and creative individual who is ready to contribute immediately.
Candidates must show strong skills in Adobe eLearning Suite, Articulate Studio, and web development, and must demonstrate a strong understanding of instructional design principles.
- Utilize multimedia technology and authoring tools to design and develop interactive and engaging eLearning modules with hands-on exercises, scenarios, and assessments.
- Create high quality courses, tutorials, videos, simulations and demonstrations for Calix products using a variety of production tools.
- Manage multiple course development projects, including eLearning and classroom training.
- Apply instructional design principles and adult-learning theory throughout the courseware development and maintenance process.
- Prepare scripts and storyboards for online courses.
- Record and edit course narration.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) within the organization to capture eLearning simulations and demonstrations.
- Test and review courses to ensure accuracy and adherence to company guidelines.
- Assist SMEs with recording webinars and training presentations, and edit recordings and videos.
- Create course development plans and complete projects by specified deadlines.
- Publish courses and upload content to the LMS.
- College degree and experience in adult learning techniques, instructional design, and eLearning. A Bachelor's Degree with a concentration on education, educational technology, or instructional design is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience designing and developing interactive and instructionally sound e-learning programs and courseware.
- Proficiency with e-Learning authoring tools (Captivate, Flash, Articulate, Dreamweaver, etc.)
- Capable of performing multiple roles on a project, including instructional designer, courseware developer, quality assurance tester, and editor.
- Ability to prioritize, schedule and meet deadlines for multiple projects.
- Experience writing and developing training materials including scriptwriting and storyboarding.
- Knowledge of instructional design and adult learning theory required.
- Detail oriented, adaptable and self-managing in a fast-paced, high energy environment.
- Ability to synthesize and communicate concepts quickly and accurately.
- Experience developing classroom training and/or blended learning.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Knowledge of telecommunications systems and networks including Ethernet and IP networking preferred.
- Graphic design, multimedia, and/or web design skills, a plus.
- Knowledge of assessment and measurement strategies and techniques preferred.
- Experience with LMS and content management systems preferred.
- Creative, innovative, and flexible individual who takes pride in creating high-quality, engaging content.
Calix is a leading global provider of broadband communications access systems and software. The Calix Unified Access portfolio allows...