Responsible for the implementation of the Division sales strategy for new and re-bid municipal hauling and homeowner association sales opportunities to insure growth, retention, and quality of revenue in the Division/Area. Prospects, sells, and participates in account management and retention activities to ensure the long term targeted, profitable sales growth of municipal hauling and homeowners association business, as well as participates in and manages the government affairs activities in the assigned division.
DIVISION MUNICIPAL SERVICES MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following responsibilities are general duties that a particular employee in this position may or may not be required to perform. The actual duties required of this position will vary.
- Prospects, sells and proactively manages the business relationship within an assigned division for the municipal market. Negotiates pricing and contracts, including contract extensions as appropriate. Ensures that all approved contract terms are met.
- Attends bid conferences as necessary. Prepares and delivers responses to RFP’s and bids as well as sales presentations and follows up directly with key decision-makers.
- Develops and implements comprehensive account plans (sales, marketing and service programs/strategies) to achieve annual sales and profit objectives within the assigned territory. Involves the Area President and/or General Manager in sales and government relation’s activities as needed.
- Meets regularly with key decision-makers within assigned municipalities, state and federal agencies to enhance the company’s position and continuously bring value-added services to the relationship.
- Conducts on-going on-site client reviews to ensure that quality service is effectively delivered, documents deficiencies and recommends corrective action to operations team as appropriate.
- Maintains an awareness of market dynamics and competitors’ activity in areas where the company conducts business. Attends industry trade shows and participates in local or state industry associations and trade groups. Develops/implements approved strategies and activities to increase account penetration & satisfaction to ensure profitable client retention.
- Meets with operations management as appropriate to coordinate sales, surveys, and service efforts for assigned accounts/territory. Must be politically astute in daily dealings with client family
- Meets with pricing & corporate development team management as appropriate to coordinate proforma development for new and re-bid accounts, and may assist in the collection and/or accounting adjustments with delinquent accounts.
- May seek out and coordinate development of new solid waste infrastructure projects and manages projects through the development cycle and conclusion, working in coordination with Corporate Development.
- Prepares and maintains all sales documentation (Blue sheets, Sales Funnel, Client Profile, etc.) by populating and maintaining the CRMS system on a weekly basis
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION:
- Equivalent of high school diploma or G.E.D. certification and three years experience in long term sales cycle activity and customer contact position, or four to six years experience in long-term sales cycle activity and customer contact position.
- Bachelor's or associates degree.
- Sales or customer relationship experience, especially in a governmental sales environment
- Waste industry experience a plus
REPRESENTATIVE MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT AND/OR SOFTWARE USED :
The following machines, tools, equipment and/or software are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. Actual machines, tools, equipment and/or software used will vary.
- Office equipment including, but not limited to, computer, phone, fax machine, copier and calculator.
- MS Office including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, as well as ability to easily navigate the internet for information needed to fulfill daily job needs
- Company information application system including Contact Relationship Management System (CRMS) or equivalent.
ENVIRONMENTAL/ATMOSPHERIC WORKING CONDITIONS:
The following environmental/atmospheric working conditions are commonly, but not always, associated with the performance of this position. The actual working conditions will vary.
- Office environment.
- Travel by air and/or car required 80% of the time.
KNOWLEDGE & COMPETENCIES:
The following key competencies represent behaviors that a successful employee will exhibit. This list in not exhaustive, as other qualities, traits and behaviors are also desired.
- Knowledge of all facets of sales strategy and implementation including market research, customer prospecting, sales promotion and customer retention strategies. Will be required to complete municipal sales training programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the company.
Every day, Republic Services empowers more than 30,000 exceptional employees in 39 states and Puerto Rico to do their best work. We’re...