Responsible for the design, planning and control of the production operation activities in the company’s oil and gas fields by performing the following duties:
Duties & Responsibilities
Make presentations to partners and attends partner operations and technical meetings.
- Monitor daily production from the fields and manage the downtime of the wells and facilities to optimize their production.
- Run diagnosis on company operated wells pipelines and process facilities.
- Follow day-to-day production operations for outside operated properties.
- Participate in the design of company’s platforms, facilities and pipelines.
- Propose or request workover interventions, re-completions and changes in the lifting method used in the wells.
- Assure the compliance with Company’s standards of operations and regulatory requirements in the production fields.
- Review daily production reports and send information internally, to partners and regulatory entities.
- Prepare monthly reports with analysis and explanations of the differences between actual and the forecast values for: oil and gas production, revenues, lifting cost, total production cost.
- Provide to the Commercial Department the information necessary for the oil and gas marketing activities.
- Manage the reconciliation of volumes and monies from nomination, sales contracts and invoices.
- Manage the process to determine the amount of royalties due for each field and make sure it is processed accordingly by the Accounting Department.
- Verify the values of overriding royalties paid and received by the Company
- Participate in the budgeting preparation for each field.
- Follow Company’s QHSE guidelines.
- Prepare standard procedures and AFEs (Authority for Expenditure);
- Elaborate contracts for services providers, consultants, and equipment vendors when needed.
- Process invoices for payment for company-operated and outside-operated fields.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to operate a telephone, fax machine, scanner, and other non-specified office equipment a computer with the following software: Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; Lotus Notes, oilfield programs, and other proprietary software Written and verbal fluency in English
Knowledge and Abilities
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents; to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community; to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format; make technical presentations to peers, managers, partners, government agencies, and at prospective business deal meetings.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations; to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions; to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to work with little or not supervision; to work on a team: share activities, review tasks performed by others, give and accept feedback, accept supervision and time controls.
Ability to supervise field personnel (directly or through third party).
Industry knowledge of drilling, completion, remedial, and production operations in the gulf of Mexico offshore region.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree (B. S. in Engineering) from four-or five year college or university plus five years of experience in Gulf of Mexico operations. Registration as a Professional Engineer is desirable. Masters degree in Engineering is preferable.
Certificates and Licenses
The working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job is performed in a typical office environment with occasional trips to platform or rig sites offshore and to onshore production facilities.
There are no outstanding physical demands of this job.
Development & Production
Petrobras - 4 years ago
Petrobras is among the world's largest integrated oil and gas companies, engaging in a broad range of activities, including exploration,...