The Quality Assurance Director will provide general supervision and technical guidance to the Directors and/or QA managers and the Staff in the analysis, design, testing, and deployment of all applications developed by our Global Systems development teams. The Quality Assurance Director maintains ultimate responsibility for assuring that all products are defect free and compliant with functional and non functional specifications.
Supervisor and Technical Guidance
• Directly supervises Quality Assurance Managers and Directors including the preparation and delivery of staff performance evaluations and career development activities.
• Manages department and overall expectations pertaining to setting accurate schedules, costs, world class quality and resources.
• Ensures delivery against QA department goals and objectives, i.e. meeting commitments and coordinating overall quality assurance schedule.
• Ensures all SDLC requirements defined in the QA Testing Life cycle are adhered and followed in all phases of the projects.
• Develop and manage quality assurance metrics for performance improvement of all teams.
• Implements ongoing quality improvement processes working with interdepartmental teams.
• Manages the planning and execution of product testing efforts, including all associated resources to meet committed delivery dates.
• Provides effective communication regarding issues, objectives, initiatives and performance to plan.
• Works with Project Managers to develop project schedules and resource allocation models for QA related projects and other activities such as software deployment, customer integration, and professional services validation.
• Responsible and Accountable for flagging the timing of interdepartmental deliverables and the quality of their output.
• Manages and responds to Software Quality Assurance issues with related groups such as Development, Architecture, Database, Integration, and Customer Support.
• Assures the viability, functionality and effectiveness of essential tools.
• Anticipates program release problems and takes corrective action, escalating as needed, to resolve and achieve commitments.
Deployment and Delivery
• Orchestrates the delivery of software to Customer visible environments.
• Responsible for creating task and checklists for software deployment.
• Troubleshooting and high tier support.
• Establish and maintain policy for documentation of all Quality assurance deliverables.
• Reviews documentation before is sent out to External Customers and business owners.
Requirement Quality Definition
• Establish policy for end user experience on all Global Systems development products working with his/her management.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• BS/BA degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline.
• Minimum of 12+ years of software quality assurance experience, to include a minimum of 7 years in a management position leading a team of test managers and lead analysts working on applications developed in C/C++.
• Experience leading local and remote teams.
• Strong analytical skills and experience with implementation and administration of Software Quality Assurance metrics, such as defect profiles and performance to entry/exit criteria.
• Excellent problem solving, interpersonal communication and project management skills a must.
• Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner.
• Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
• Strong understanding of different software development life cycles (Agile, Hybrid, Waterfall, iterative) and contemporary software quality assurance processes and automated tools.
• Must have experience in managing and working with distributed team members.
• Knowledge of fix protocol, fix engines, and fix-based systems disciplines and standards.
• Must be extremely detail-oriented with respect to documentation and communication.
· Prior development background developing systems in any programming languages like C, C++, Java.
· Financial background experience working for a brokerage firm or a Investment bank or a trading system in Futures and Options or Equities.
NYSE Euronext - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard