Oracle Database Administrator-|
-Contract to Hire
LinkedIn recently announced its Most inDemand Employers: 2013. Many of the top 10 rely on CompuCom to provide the highest quality IT talent. Find your dream job today!
We are currently seeking a talented Oracle Database Administrator to support multiple teams. The ideal candidate will have experience with large-scale and highly available Oracle systems. You should have a proven ability to rapidly master complex new skills and concepts, as well as the ability to work independently and self-motivate. Successful candidates will have the ability to rapidly troubleshoot complex technical problems under pressure. Excellent interpersonal communication skills are required.
Responsibilities include ownership of upkeep and operational stability of Oracle instances. Work on a variety of development and maintenance projects in coordination with advertising product team owners and advertising analytics. Knowledge of all supporting infrastructure components, including operating systems, hardware / storage configurations and networks Excellent UNIX skills and a grasp of fundamental computing concepts such as system calls, memory management and program debugging. Experience in customized relational database development and data warehousing is desired.
Duties predominantly include:
- Working with large-scale and highly available Oracle systems.
- Production support with on-call rotation.
- Troubleshooting and performance triaging.
- 3-5 years of DBA experience
- Strong Oracle experience and the ability to use Oracle on any other platform
- Experience with 10g for at least 2 to 3 years on Unix / Linux
- Experience with Oracle data guard and replication
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle DBA best practices (e.g., schema management, index optimization, and use of hints)
- Good understanding of Linux, command shell, scripting programming language within shell
- Experience with SQL and PLSQL, scale concerns, ability to perform schemas, schema definition, scheme optimization
- Strong query and database tuning skills
- Experience in a 24X7 production environment
- Capacity monitoring and management capabilities
- UNIX shell scripting, PL / SQL, and SQL skills
- Fast troubleshooting and resolution skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with shifting priorities
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with DBA and application teams
- Proven ability to rapidly master complex new skills and concepts
- Ability to work independently and self-motivate
- Successful candidate should be able to troubleshoot complex technical problems under pressure
- STRONG communication skills a must to communicate with software developers and meet the leadership principles
- BS / MS in computer science or related field
CompuCom, the leading IT outsourcing specialist, delivers IT your way. Our clients like working with us because they know that, with CompuCom, it
- Expert level knowledge and experience with Linux environments
- Expert level knowledge of SQL and performance tuning
- Track record of engineering performance and availability solutions
- PL / SQL experience good to have
- Perl / CGI skills nice to have
's all about you. Our unique ITSM strategy blends your data center, network, voice, and end user computing environments in an innovative fashion. This radically simplifies your IT, allowing you to focus on growing your business and serving your customers. We are highly regarded by worldwide and regional organizations alike for our pragmatic approach, best practices, and highly skilled workforce. This balance provides the perfect alternative to address the evolving challenges facing you, today and in the future. More than a trusted advisor, CompuCom is your trusted doer. To learn more, visit www.CompuCom.com .
Compucom Systems, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, helps companies plan, implement and manage multi-vendor, industry-standard computing...