Duties and Responsibilities
1. Planning for, scheduling, tracking, managing and motivating multiple subcontractors and suppliers for the project assigned.
2. Responsible for scheduling, interfacing and promoting good relationships with project owners, building officials, architects, engineers and project service providers.
3. Responsible for ensuring that all construction activities meet master project schedule milestones by developing, preparing and maintaining a two-week , short-interval construction activity schedule.
4. Responsible to ensure that all craftsman and visitors to the project work site comply without exception to all OSHA, federal, state, municipal and project specific regulatory safety requirements to ensure and provide the safest working environment for all project members and visitors.
5. Upholds safe working conditions and preventative safety measures.
6. Responsible for coordinating and facilitating weekly safety meetings with all sub-contractors.
7. Responsible for project quality control and testing agencies.
8. Layout and verification of layout elevations and material utilization for all subcontractors.
9. Timely and profitable completion of assigned projects.
10. Timely review and approval of subcontractor requisitions and invoices.
11. Direct supervision and timely evaluation of assistant site managers and trainees.
12. Ensure familiarity with contract documents with assigned site personnel.
13. Maintains positive working environment for entire site team.
14. Reviews and coordinates shop drawings, samples and spec sheets per project manager.
15. Ensures compliance and enforcement of safety program at all times.
16. Maintains adequate supervision of subcontractors.
17. Attends required corporate meetings, training programs and seminars.
18. Other duties as assigned.
·Minimum five years of project superintendent experience on projects ranging from $500,000 to $5 million, including restaurant, retail, bank, health care, multifamily, and remodel projects.
·Bachelor’s degree in construction management desired.
·Proficient with MS Project scheduling software.
·Comprehensive knowledge of commercial building construction activities.
·Demonstrated ability to read and interpret plans, specifications and shop drawings.
·Ability to work well with diverse groups of people and interact professionally with all parties associated with project.
·Ability to supervise and manage on-site personnel and provide a positive work environment, growth and training.
·General knowledge of AIA contract documents.
·Working knowledge of material control.
·Working knowledge of all construction trades, including surveying and engineering procedures.
·General knowledge of cost accounting system, company policies and procedures.